When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
What will you do?
- Conduct site operations in accordance with terms and conditions of program contract and Statement of Work.
- Drive account strategy to achieve annual operating plan goals for revenue, service footprint growth, margin expansion, and account retention.
- Develop and maintain positive and professional working relationships with clients, service vendors and Thermo Fisher staff.
- Responsible for customer allegiance.
- Drive business review process, ensuring customer and Thermo Fisher goals are met/exceeded.
- Execute effective data collection and analysis of customer metrics to include but not limited to financials, compliance, growth, and profitability.
- Support action plans and tracking mechanisms to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure that all compliance and regulatory guidelines are met specific to asset management and services program to include all facets of inventory management through provided tools.
- Responsible for accurate data input to Resource Center database to include service requests, work orders and purchase order information.
- Support problem resolution and escalation at account as needed.
- Monitor all service activities and escalations to include, timeliness, accuracy, and quality
- Monitor and maintain up-to-date service and financial documents for service contracts. Ensure vendor compliance.
- Resolve service billing issues, questions or credits.
- Obtain and review field service reports and invoices for financial accuracy, technical remediation procedures, and completeness.
- Search and provide alternate methods of service or parts in alignment with account strategy and promote alternate service providers with an emphasis on Thermo Fisher Scientific self performed.
- Follow established, approved procedure for high dollar repairs, issue High Dollar P.O. numbers and monitor high dollar repairs as they progress up to and including call follow up.
- Adhere to all Thermo Fisher and customer security and safety procedures.
- Support opportunities to identify and leverage other Thermo Fisher products and services.
- Participate in PPI project teams as assigned to improve business performance.
- Other appropriate duties as assigned by Thermo Fisher management.
- Perform on-site decommissioning and installation of simple laboratory equipment.
- Assist vendors with complex problems that can be solved remotely with automated systems.
- Ability to triage lab instrumentation to determine source of problem, recommend repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, vendor customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
- Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Configure system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements.
- Track service calls, manage parts inventories, and complete job tasks using a customer’s management software
- Travel to multiple client locations as applicable to support account needs (< 5%).
How will you get here?
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in a customer facing position
- Proficient PC skills and ability to effectively use Windows based software.
- Experience in Life Sciences or Healthcare environment
- Previous instrument troubleshooting or Service Engineer experience of lab instrumentation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Work independently and proactively to resolve customer issues.
- Analytical lab instrumentation experience.
- Familiarity with operational capabilities of Analytical and Life Science instrumentation.
- Build strong, professional client relationships.
- Team oriented
- Sound decision making skills
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize work based on business and client needs.
- Ability to make commitments, track and communicate progress, and follow through until completion.
- Self-starter and results oriented
- Physical Activity: Walking, sitting, standing, kneeling, crouching, lifting, PC work, repetitive motions, feeling, grasping, pulling, pushing, and hearing.
- Level of Physical Requirements: Light to medium work.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Level of Visual Acuity: Clerical, professional, administrative.
- Environmental Conditions: Inside environmental conditions (office, labs, hospitals, facilities) which consist of noise, and hazards.
- Required to travel by airplane and automobile for meetings and training as necessary.
Interaction with Other Employees:
- Interactions will consist of face-to-face meetings, telephone, email, Web X meetings and presentations, as well as other electronic means as necessary with sales, service/support personnel, operations, finance, management, cross-divisional personnel, and vendor representatives.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Demonstrated success in a Customer facing position
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join