Job Title: Scientist II, Molecular Biology
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Introduction to the Division /Function
BioSciences Division is part of Life Science Solutions Group in Thermo Fisher Scientific and R&D group in Bangalore is involved in antibodies and immunoassay development using recombinant DNA technology.
Role Description (Purpose of the role)
Scientist II will be working on ongoing R & D projects related to antibody development.
- Performing cell culture activities and laboratory techniques including aseptic expansion of mammalian cell lines, handling primary cells and immortal cells.
- Routine analytical techniques using CRISPR technology
- Preparing QC documents, batch records and GMP
- Initiate, plan and execute scientific research with emphasis on protein purification.
- Keeping thorough record of cell culture parameters and results into data sheets and/or electronic note books.
- Responsible for data integrity and accuracy.
- Other functions such as writing technical protocols and filling out order forms.
- Deliver high quality results according to project schedule in support of product commercialization during early feasibility, development and validation phases.
Must have Ph.D in Biotechnology/Life Sciences or related discipline or Masters in cell biology/molecular biology/Immunology or related fields with 5+ years of experience in relevant industry
Skills and Experience
- Should have a clear understanding of recombinant DNA technologies.
- Strong hands – on experience in siRNA/ShRNA based techniques and knock out and knock in systems including CRISPR. Lentiviral experience would be an added advantage.
- Should have a clear understanding and laboratory skills in the area of immunoassays like western blot, ELISA, and immunofluorescence
- GMP experience, QC documentation, batch records and QPS
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals with considerable impact and reach.
- Good understanding of research projects using standard techniques and protocols.
- Should be a good team player, ready to learn new techniques and innovative thinker.
- Industry experience, bioinformatics and grant writing skills will be considered as a bonus.
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills with attention to detail.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join