About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands - Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
- Buying and managing delivery schedules with Suppliers using Oracle MRP system to meet Customer promise dates and project Schedule.
- Product Category: Integrated Bioprocessing equipment. This consists of fabricated stainless steel vessels and control systems.
- Use good negotiating and costing skills to ensure competitive pricing for purchased items.
- Buying products according to specifications ensuring compliance to quality standards and manufacturing requirements. Working with Suppliers to resolve quality issues.
- Locate new sources for new and existing products for the company.
- Work cross functionally with other departments such as Engineering, Quality, Production, Sales, Customer Service and Accounting in order to meet the needs within the company.
- Manage Suppliers to meet the expectations of the company.
- Represent the company at all times with Professional and Ethical conduct while interacting with Suppliers, Customers, colleagues or any other contacts with the company.
- Maintaining accurate files and records for all correspondence and transactions with Suppliers under their Management.
- Traveling occasionally to visit suppliers for various reasons related to the job function.
- Work on various team assignments within the company to help achieve Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Manage inventory levels to meet expectations.
- Must have knowledge of fabrication Manufacturing Processes.
- Experience in knowing sourcing indices for different markets applicable to product lines
- Understand compliance issues and their impact on provisions by ensuring that all confidentiality/legal/internal controls requirements are being met.
- Proficient and effective implementation of change management.
- Maintain a positive results oriented attitude that promotes teamwork with peers, subordinates, commercial, plants & other support areas and suppliers while driving significant change.
- Stay abreast of Best Practice, current / future policies and procedures, regulatory / trade requirements, and market dynamics appropriate to function.
- Communication : Demonstrates maturity in dealing with conflict etc.; superior communication skills including listening, verbal and written
- Building Teamwork : Demonstrates support of department mission by maintaining favorable relationships with peers, subordinates, suppliers and customers
- Adaptability: Flexible, adjust readily to new situations while effectively dealing with ambiguity, stress and uncertainty. Able to leverage knowledge of BPP operations and develop solutions to complex issues
- Customer focus: Proven service oriented attitude under all situations; develops and maintains solid overall understanding of Procurement policies and programs
- Superior negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical capability as well as attention to detail.
- Bachelors or equivalent degree
- Prior experience, minimum of 3 years in manufacturing environment (cGMP preferred)
- 4+ years’ experience purchasing/sourcing
- Strong skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with MRP buying practices.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join