Regional Sales Manager - West
Job ID :
US - California - Remote / Field
- Identify current and future opportunities within safety & security market within the region; create business justification for expanded market segments
- Act as commercial safety & security subject matter expert supporting other regions as required.
- Create a Market capture plan for each significant opportunity within the region
- Meet / exceed annual operating targets for both orders and revenue
- Maintain strategic relationships with existing safety & security customers, local federal agencies
- Prospect and identify new State and Local customers
- Perform transactional and consultative selling
- Competently promote and demonstrate full line of RM&SI products
- Implement strategic sales initiatives into the region that compliment the overall business objectives
- Manage channel partner relationships including forecasting, training and goal setting
- Participate in trade shows and local technical seminars as required
- Be intricately involved in negotiations deadline requirements with internal/external resources. Respond to requests for quotes and proposals in a timely manner.
- Liaise with existing area sales managers to identify current potential targets within all markets.
- Lead new customer identification and penetration within geographic area.
- Track projects and issues closely, foster collaboration from both the business and technology groups and lead meetings during quotation process.
- Develop and manage proposal plan and strategies to win business.
- Responsible for creating, coordinating and developing complete project proposals or plans; Execute on key delivery dates and manage process and resources to achieve customer proposal requirements.
- Develop direct customer relationship/business where possible. Create Channel partners where it is not.
- Ensure salesforce.com is maintained on a regular basis. Provide detailed and accurate forecasting of projects within salesforce.com.
- Provide accurate assumptions on forecasting for Quarterly and annual AOP planning. Increase bookings through market share gain and new market development within Brazil
- Exceptional organizational, communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional communication and relationship skills.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- B.S. degree or equivalent direct experience with related college course work required.
- Minimum of five to seven years experience in sales/marketing of scientific instruments, radiation detection equipment experience preferred.
- Experience in proposal development/business development/marketing.
- Knowledge of Health Physics and radiation measurement instrumentation.
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid, positive and effective professional relationships internally and externally to satisfy the needs of the customer.
- Ability to understand the financial aspects of large scale, multi-year contracting.
- Ability to manage work effectively, establish and forge solid, positive working relationships with business unit team, and corporate leadership team.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Well versed in value selling techniques.
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to operate remotely while meeting / exceeding operational objectives.
- High energy level, self motivated, ability to multi-task many high level accounts, objectives and activities simultaneously.
- Bias for effective action.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join