Software Test Engineer
Job ID :
Mexico - Tijuana
- Requires a minimum of 5 years experience with Software Quality Assurance, software testing methodologies, and application and ERP
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Design and execute test cases and or plans to support our ERP applications ( JD Edwards and SAP) and QA practices.
- Ensure products meet or exceed the specified standards and end-user requirements.
- Participate in the execution of Projects that will impact site functionality.
- Actively participate and contribute to defining test scope, coverage, and overall strategy for projects.
- Perform black-box and white-box testing, provide feedback on usability, report bugs relating to the application, verify bug fixes provided by developers, and take appropriate action based on the correctness of the bug fixes.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Experience in supporting and /or leading production releases/project test efforts
- Experience in JDE Enterprise One ERP systems .
- Experience in SAP is a plus.
- Experience in test automation and tools experience (Quick Test Pro)
- Experience with testing tools, primarily HP Quality Center, Load Runner, and Quick Test PRO
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle in a waterfall, agile or iterative model
- Experience in applying quality management best practices and implementing application lifecycle management that includes requirements management, test planning and execution, defects tracking and reporting, test automation and results analysis
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail are essential, as is the ability to quickly learn new applications and technologies
- Programing experience with good DB skills is a plus
- Excellent team player, verbal and written communications skills, customer service skills and enjoy working in a fast paced environment