When you are part of the team at ThermoFisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
To support the Fill/Finish Department by Filling, capping, labeling, and assembling both sub-assemblies and finished good products
- Fill, cap, and label vials, bottles, and tubes working both individually or as part of a team in accordance with established standard operating procedures to ensure customers receive a product that meets or exceeds quality specifications.
- Effectively communicate and interface with work groups to ensure the completion of daily production.
- Work in both standard and clean room environments while adhering to room specific PPE requirements.
- Safely operate both manual and automated filling equipment, as required.
- Satisfactorily complete ThermoFisher Scientific training requirements on time and operate within all ISO and FDA standards pertaining to Frederick Site Manufacturing.
Nature and Scope:
This position largely interacts with equivalent levels of internal personnel. That interaction requires good communication skills and customer service skills. Effectiveness in this role also requires some knowledge of biology, chemistry and basic manufacturing principals as well as the ability to understand and interpret team metrics. The job encounters recurring work situations of a routine nature where the ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Attention to detail and accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position as errors in work could cause customers to receive a non-conforming product. This position requires the individual to be ready to start work on-time daily and maintain strong attendance performance. Training will be provided through one on one instruction following process specific on-the-job-training (OJT's) until the operator is proficient to work individually.The incumbent normally receives general instruction on routine work and detailed instruction on new assignments.
- Associate or bachelor degree
- Minimum of 0-2 years related experience
- Proven ability to consistently and independently follow policies and procedures, instructions, and to meet schedules
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Basic computer skills such as proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite to support the operation in its daily functions
- Experience in a manufacturing life science company
- Biology or chemistry background
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join