When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Director of Sales, North America (Clinical Mass Spectometry), will establish and grow a dedicated commercial team, supporting the launch and market penetration of a new clinical mass spectrometry product line in CDD’s Clinical Diagnostic Systems (CDS) business. Develop and execute the commercial plan for the Clinical Mass Spectrometry product line in the territory while operating strategically and tactically to ensure execution. Build a strong commercial team by recruiting exceptional talent. Develop and coach team members to enhance performance, productivity, and employee job satisfaction. This position reports to the Senior Director of Commercial and will be part of the Extended Leadership Team for the Clinical Diagnostics Division. This role can be located anywhere within the US with a preference for close proximity to Fremont, CA.
What will you do?
The Sales Director, will have responsibility to meet the business unit objectives as follows:
- Lead the commercial sales activity for the Cascadion SM Clinical Mass Spectrometry product line in North America
- Achieve revenue and growth targets for the product line, and maintain accurate sales forecasts
- Lead a team consisting of sales professionals either as direct reports or in an organization structure with managers and sub-teams responsible for particular territories
- Work closely with the Sr. Director Commercial, VP/GM and other leaders of the CDS business unit, Division and Company leaders to drive execution of the Clinical Mass Spectrometry commercial strategy in North America
- Work closely with CDS Sr. Director of Marketing and the product management and marketing teams to prepare and execute promotional tactics
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues in CDD’s Global Sales and Marketing organization, as well as with colleagues in Thermo Fisher’s Specialty Diagnostics, Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry and customer channel businesses
- Develop and execute the commercial plan for the Clinical Mass Spectrometry product line in the territory
- Develop an organization that promotes an exceptional customer and team experience
- Recruit exceptional talent and develop and coach team members in order to enhance performance, productivity, and employee job satisfaction
- Build and maintain strong relations to the KOL’s in the IVD LC/MS field and to the key laboratory accounts
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree in Biochemistry, Life Sciences, Business Administration or similar; or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant industry experience, with a proven track record in sales in In Vitro Diagnostics (preferred), Life Sciences, Pharmaceuticals or Medical Device markets
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leading and developing sales teams
- Strong experience in sales of high cost capital equipment into the healthcare market, including financed placements such as Cost per Test, and Cost per Reportable business models
- Excellent Leadership skills, with proven ability to develop a high-performance, customer focused and responsive sales team
- Ability to effectively network and collaborate with peers in other functions and with colleagues in other businesses
- Proven ability to pro-actively and successfully manage sales budgets and sales forecasts
- Proven track record in managing growth business in complex and competitive markets
- Strong experience and proven success in sales and contract negotiation, including experience with the major laboratory accounts
- Strong business acumen and use of business analytics to prioritize, lead and influence
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- The position requires frequent travel (50% or more) to customers within North America and to internal sites. Preferred that candidate lives close to a major hub airport.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join