Job Title: System Engineer II
Job Location: Bangalore, India
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
The Client Systems Engineer is responsible for supporting global infrastructure management tools and configuration changes on client systems, software and related infrastructure. This individual will have a primary focus on managing the day-to-day ticket queues for the Client Engineering team.
This individual will also be involved in the support of the following systems: Windows and Mac systems that support GIS infrastructure; Windows, Mac, and Application systems that support Asset Management Responsibilities on these systems include engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and maintaining the various ticket queues.
- Install new software in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Generate reports based on report requirements from multiple different data sources.
- Provide metric reports/dashboards to monitor SLAs.
- Resolves user requests and issues in a timely manner. Communicating to the end user as work progresses and once the incident or request is resolved.
- Generate and maintain operational, configuration, installation or other procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Systems, Computer Science or other technical field is required. 3 years of additional direct and applicable professional experience in the IT field may be considered as a substitute.
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certifications are preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Excel functions.
- Experience utilizing ticketing systems and working in ticket queues.
- Position deals with a variety of problems and sometime has to decide which answer is best. The question/issues are typically clear and requires determination of which answer (from a few choices) is the best.
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
- Provides occasional guidance, some of which is technical.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- Participates in the 24x7 on-call pager rotation, responding to alerts from our Global Command Center or Major Incident Managers for issues within their scope.
- Some travel may be required.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join