Job Title: UK Customer Service Team Leader
Location: Basingstoke (Hampshire)
Number of Direct Reports: 7
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Customer Service (CS) team leader is responsible for ensuring that the CS administrators support all the administration process , customer quotation and customer order fulfilment requirements. The incumbent is responsible for the daily management, activities and organisation of the team. Including, but not exhaustive:
- Administer, process and fulfil customer orders in line with processes and procedures and to agreed service level agreements.
- Act as a point of contact for, including the resolution of customer enquiries and complaints and to keep the customer informed of any issues affecting services.
- Act as the site CAS champion closing alerts and providing reports as needed.
This role will also support the Customer Service Manager in ensuring key process, procedures.
- Organize and manage the daily activities of the CS team
- Review and Improve the CS performance by providing guidance to process customer orders, and schedule agreements to the required Service Level
- Keeping the CS team and customers fully informed on issues affecting service
- Ensure that CS team update and maintain all key customer information within SAP and other supporting systems
- Ensure that all customer queries and complaints have been logged and resolved by CS administrators in compliance with processes and procedures
- Liaise with Freight Forwarders to ensure prompt delivery of ordered items and to resolve any customer complaints regarding late deliveries and damage to goods
- Liaise and Support CS Manager in tasks required from time to time, specifically in the drive to have consistency where appropriate in the Customer Service Function.
- Participate in the Continuous Improvement Programme (PPI), contributing to the development and implementation of improvement initiatives within the department and identify process improvements
- Experience of working within a customer service environment
- Experience of working within a team
- Working knowledge and experience of using SAP
- Intermediate to advance skill level of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Highly developed organisation and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Complaint handling/conflict resolution skills
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- PC literate with MS Office team
- SAP Knowledge
- Proactive , taking initiatives
- Flexible and ability to communicate priority changes to the local CS team
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join