The Thermo Fisher Scientific Finance Internship Program is a 12 week summer internship program designed for high potential rising juniors and seniors majoring in finance and/or accounting as a feeder program to our full-time Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP). Interns will be matched to a 12 week project based on their skill set combined with the finance business need.
Similar to the Finance Leadership Development Program, our internship program projects are designed to give you real-world finance and accounting experiences and project responsibility in a large organization. In addition to being assigned to a manager and team, you will get additional opportunities to experience our corporate culture with exposure to finance leaders and current FLDPs as well as others in the organization.
The North America & Emerging Markets Financial Planning & Analysis Internship will support Thermo Fisher Scientific's Research and Safety Market Division United States Finance team. The role will include reviewing key processes and proposing improvements to create efficiencies in time/effort and drive improved financial reporting and forecasting.
- Support RSD US monthly financial reporting/forecasting processes;
- Prepare for 2019 Annual Operating Plan (AOP) through detailed consolidation process review to drive process improvements/efficiencies;
- Support monthly Management Business Reviews (MBR’s) including partnering with cross-functional business partners to report results against Key Performance Metrics (KPI’s);
- Own/manage strategic investment and productivity initiative reporting for North America;
- Various other developmental projects as prioritized by senior leadership.
Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills are a requirement for this position. The internship will also offer meaningful personal and professional development.
- All candidates must be a rising collegiate junior or senior (preferred) by summer 2018 and currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- GPA of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career as a future leader in the finance function
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement
- Results oriented through initiative, ownership, and accountability
- Geographical flexibility
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without restriction.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join