This role will oversee the Analytical Instruments (AI) field service engineers within the ANZ region. The Technical Service Manager will manage strategic activities to support the overall Technical Service organization, drive metric analysis and management to improve service levels and customer satisfaction, support engineer cross-training plan development with Regional Service Managers, call center problem resolution and tracking and corresponding knowledge base development.
- Strategically direct activities of technical specialist leads to ensure formalization of a technical support model and that regional teams and service operations are supported with first line triage capabilities.
- Lead field based AI service engineers in Australia to ensure annual budget achievement success under regional managers and integration of Thermo Fisher processes and leverage of regional support infrastructure.
- Develop a strategic vision and tactics for the creation of a technical knowledge base to capture and leverage common issues for quick diagnosis of customer problems.
- Manage the customer complaint escalation process, working with quality team to resolve technical customer complaints and issues.
- Collaborate with global colleagues to develop best in class processes, practices and systems to ensure consistency throughout key Thermo Fisher Scientific service work groups (ANZ, Unity Lab Services).
- Work with marketing and operations teams and technical specialist leads to develop a support infrastructure capable of extensive expansion of team capabilities.
- Work with Regional Service Managers and technical specialist leads on continuous improvements with staffing to provide training and development plan to ensure high quality personnel are cross trained and effectively utilized geographically within the organization.
- Formalize and build a service support model for ANZ.
- Manage the strategic activities of technical specialists and AI engineers.
- Ensure effective resolution on resolving customer questions/issues related to technical support.
- Maintain and analyze department metrics & procedures to identify areas for process improvement/efficiency gains.
- Work with regional service managers to develop and implement cross training of team to ensure the best skills and knowledge and efficiency on the job.
- Create process utilizing current business tools for developing technical knowledge base to capture, leverage, and share common issues for quick diagnosis of customer problems.
- Develop, in conjunction with service operations manager, a 24/7 call center support capability in support of customer contract requirements and/or critical response customer segments.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an engineering discipline or technical field, or service business management.
- 5+ years of direct management experience in a customer environment and/or service management.
- Strong organizational, analytical, process and communication skills.
- Ability to coach, mentor, and strengthen the Technical Service Team and the willingness to hold team members accountable in cases of ongoing deficiencies.
- Process oriented, committed to continuous improvements.
- Proven leadership and people management/development skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
- Understanding of Customer Management tools and their benefits.
- Financial acumen, ability to understand the implications of decisions on revenue, costs and margins.
- Technically capable of understanding the product range is preferred.
- Ability to set and achieve aggressive goals.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities and consistently meet deadlines.