As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $18B in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
The Microbiology Division (MBD) develops, manufactures, supplies and supports solutions for the clinical diagnosis of infectious disease and the detection of bacterial contamination in the food and pharmaceutical industries. We serve public health and clinical laboratories, food companies and pharmaceutical laboratories with high quality products which include culture media, antimicrobial susceptibility testing and market-leading food safety molecular solutions. Our 2,000+ dedicated employees are focused on providing our customers with consistently exceptional service. Headquartered in Basingstoke, England with over 20 sites worldwide.
- Clinical Trials (assist in managing trial sites, trial supplies)
- Reference Studies, preparation, testing, collecting and logging isolates, keeping reports and data organized for upcoming audits, etc.
- Recording and analyzing data
- Writing research papers, reports and summaries
- Assisting Manufacturing Operations in custom panel production
- Preparing Media/Broths
- Assisting QA/RA with appropriate documentation and testing: panels/broth's/media, MIC trays, daily isolate QC transfer
- Customer inquiry/complaint testing (Sensititre panels, dried and frozen)
- Provides support to technical services either for investigational work or customer assistance.
- Trouble shooting any study concerns
- Being proactive in analyzing data trends
- Development of and adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments
- B.A. or B.S. life sciences or other relevant disciplines
- A minimum of one year of laboratory or other relevant scientific experience (academic and/or industry)
- 2-3 years of laboratory or other relevant scientific experience
- Extensive laboratory experience, use of equipment.
- Understanding concepts related to reference studies and clinical trials.
- High level of knowledge of laboratory procedures, including safety protocols.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Understanding of FDA and ISO regulations and their application to Thermo Fisher Scientific products.
- Excellent writing skills, as well as communication, creativity, attitude, organization, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage projects with minimal supervision.
- Teamwork skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Scientific and numerical skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join