Clinical Diagnostics Division (CDD) - is comprised of several different sales teams for Clinical Diagnostics representing a variety of different product lines: Diagnostic Reagents for drug of abuse screening, therapeutic and immunosuppressant monitoring, serum toxicology, endocrine, specimen validity testing, and sepsis testing; Clinical chemistry and Molecular controls; Particle Technology; and Corporate Accounts.
You will cultivate relationships with the current client base and pro-actively manage partnerships to maintain and grow existing business by identifying, evaluating, actively pursuing and closing new business opportunities within the Clinical Diagnostic Division.
The Senior Director will share best practices across all Business Units (BU) on the common Business Development processes and ensure common processes for all strategic accounts. By coordinating consistent and common QBR presentations for all strategic accounts across the Business Units, you will monitor strategic account revenues and trends across the division and manage revenues and margins per the current AOP.
By acting as a liaison with Thermo Fisher’s Corporate Account executives for strategic accounts: you will provide business monthly updates, financial reports, cost-saving opportunities, new business opportunities, CEO report updates, and other activities as requested. Other duties as follows:
- Identify and develop synergistic growth opportunities with other Thermo Fisher divisions with current strategic accounts and identify new accounts serviced by the other divisions
- Develop a pipeline of new business opportunities capitalizing on the division’s core competencies. Maintain prioritized funnel report as key management tool.
- Coordinate with BU Business Development Directors to gather the necessary diligence within the organizations and perform business case justification to determine the merits and prioritization (e.g. profitability, strategic fit/interest, capacity and resource utilization) of business opportunities.
- Coordinate quotation process with BUs and ensure all RFQ deadlines are met for all strategic accounts
- Monitor and communicate industry trends relevant to strategic marketing and emerging business opportunities.
- Participates in the Division’s Strategic Planning Process by providing segment analysis, market trends, and comparisons to competitors.
- Supports organization continuous improvement initiatives to maximize performance and improve process quality, efficiency, and effectiveness through benchmarking activities.
- B.S. Degree in Scientific Field or Advanced Degree with 10-15 years total experience; minimum 5 years in Management with experience in IVD Industry. With MBA preferred or Professional certifications with management in a Diagnostic or related industry.
- Willingness to travel up to 30%, both domestic and internationally, as required
- Keen interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Proven leadership skills and team-building acumen across a diverse group of individuals
- Demonstrated success working in a global, matrixed-environment with ability to influence
- Background in a regulated manufacturing environment
- Normal office environment.
- Position will require sitting and standing.
- Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Detail oriented and assertive self-starter who can operate effectively in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task, react to changing priorities and meeting deadlines. Time management skills.
- Technical background in diagnostic reagent manufacturing/ IVD industry.
- Solid business acumen.
- Superior relationship building and persuasion skills with the ability to motivate and influence others.
- Ability to quickly evaluate situations and take direct appropriate actions to resolve issues.
- Advanced planning, project management and organization skills.
- Well-founded and practiced formal problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed written skills to prepare monthly reports, reviews and white papers, as well as preparing presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Strong communication and organizational skills. Experience drafting and negotiating various types of contracts. Good organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Well developed verbal skills to successfully communicate to a variety of internal and external audiences, while counseling, negotiating and formally presenting views and/or technical criteria.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join