When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Team Leader, Distribution (Shipping) will lead a team of Material Handlers to ensure materials are managed and controlled following Company guidelines including Quality Systems regulations. Primary focus is Outbound Shipping but should have flexibility to support any Logistics operation as required.
What will you do?
- Focus on driving Order Fulfillment Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- Drive and motivate team to achieve timely/accurate picking, packing, and shipping of all sales orders
- Effectively and accurately manage material movements
- Ensure all Hazardous Materials Shipments are shipped according to FDA & DOT guidelines for shipping dangerous goods
- Capable of managing and driving cGMP Clean Close daily
- Ability to flex and support changes and upcoming activities to support daily outbound variation
- Provide positive leadership to the warehouse personnel and oversee their daily activities
- Maintain all materials and processes to ensure cGMP / GWP
- Ensure all team members are working in a safe and efficient manner
- Prepare management reports including a Tier 2 board that measure the cadence and effectiveness of the activities being supervised
- Support PPI continuous improvement initiatives across the organization
- Participate in the development and implementation of warehousing procedures including receiving, warehouse, material movements and inventory control
- Assist with the management of quality issues to Thermo Fisher quality standards, including NCAR & CAPA management
- Direct teams to execute all cycle counts daily
- Observe and recommend, present, and justify continued improvement activities
How will you get here?
- High school diploma required; Bachelor's degree is a plus
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Logistics and Cold chain shipping
- Previous experience as a lead is a plus
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Inventory Systems knowledge is preferred; QAD, JDE or SAP preferred.
- Certified in Hazardous Materials shipping
- Experience in ISO 13485 & FDA Quality requirements
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join