When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Doe & Ingalls, a Thermo Fisher Scientific brand, is an extension of our customers’ supply chain management team. We understand the minor and major implications that affect the production chemical space. Without compromising quality, we help customers’ mitigate risk, increase productivity, and reduce costs.
The Senior Sales Manager is responsible for developing, managing and executing sales strategy, sales plans, setting and measuring sales goals, negotiating customer contracts, maintaining senior level customer relationships, managing vendor partner relationships, and managing and developing the regional sales and key account representatives assigned to their territory.
Data Management, Analysis and Reporting
- Supports PCC’s COGNOS BI implementation and maintenance by working closely with IT and serving as the application subject matter expert (SME) for reporting, training and licensing.
- Works with Finance, Commercial Operations and IT to define and provide the most effective and efficient reporting strategy and structure for the business reporting needs, such as KPIs, supplier performance, customer and supplier business reviews, and ad hoc data analysis
- Support the execution of the annual price roll process through pricing uploads, supplier contact, and the evaluation of product and price accuracy in A+ and trends in price/margin increases or decreases.
- Support the Sales and Finance functions with Sales territory and account alignment/changes.
- Support Price Management activities including the evaluation and resolution of price/rebate discrepancies and performing reactive cost/price troubleshooting.
Process Improvement Leadership
- Develop and execute a strategic and tactical sales plan to ensure revenue and gross margin objectives are met by using company defined financial models
- Facilitate connection with appropriate Thermo Fisher team partners in strategic execution at the top tier strategic accounts.
- Develop strategy to incorporate and compliment the Thermo Fisher objectives into the overall key account strategy
- Manage and grow existing accounts and margins with manufacturers by selling process chemicals and associated chemical management services following cGMP standards
- Work to drive product sales to support vendor partnerships and develop new vendor relations that compliment current product portfolio, actively promote core products and value added services
- Identify and quantify return-on-investment for value-added services (Streamline services), new products, and vendors that will strategically position the Company for sustainable growth
- Identify new product and service opportunities in order to assist our commercial team in development of our overall t product portfolio
- Manage employee development, train and promote growth and development
- Work with team members to establish goals for their territories/accounts and advise on ways to improve sales performance, achieve goals and obtain expected quotas
- Help team members identify and satisfy customer requirements and meet the needs of valued business opportunities
- Develop and improve high level customer relations to improve position and profitability at customer accounts
- Prefer four or more years of proven business development, sales and closing experience
- Prefer two or more years of experience leading a team with direct reports
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals in the related industry
- Strong understanding and fluency in technology and chemistry and have the ability to respond to technical questions, common inquiries and complaints and the ability to effectively present information to engineers, managers and purchasing agents/ managers
- An understanding of supply chain management and new technical products
- Ability to effectively interact with other disciplines within the company such as marketing, customer service, information technology and accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in appropriate specialty (preference for business, marketing, chemistry, biochemistry, or engineering). Advanced degree preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with effective strategies for interacting with a wide variety of audiences
- Proficient computer skills (including Microsoft Office, email, PowerPoint and spreadsheet analysis)
- Willingness and availability to travel overnight up to 50% to visit customers, supplier facilities, and attend trade shows
- Candidates can reside in any of the following states: North Carolina/California/South Carolina/Georgia/Missouri/Illinois/Minnesota/Wisconsin/Indiana
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join