As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 20 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
- Develops a business plan to meet or exceed business goals agreed upon with Sales management for Italy
- Directs the tactical implementation of the business plan to meet objectives – including sales to new accounts, successful introduction of new products, and the retention of current customer at an acceptable rate
- Manages contracts/quotations within the guidelines by extending competitive pricing as needed to maintain and increase margin
- Participates in corporate initiatives designed to improve regional business operations including marketing programs, human resources programs, sales programs and other administrative projects, directs the process of selling Consumables products and services to customers and prospects
- Sells consumables products and services to customers and products in own designated territory
- Consistently monitors results of sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of Siebel system and other designated IT tools
- Keeps relevant people and team members fully informed of significant changes in customer relationships and the potential impact on the business
- Addresses and resolves customer issues and arbitrate sales personnel issues (e.g., sales crediting involving other channels) as required
- Serves as a role model and coach sale agents team in all aspects of the sales process and customer relationship management
- Communicates business objectives and action plans to Region team members and, reports business progress to management via monthly reports
Regularly provides oral and written communication to direct reports of successes, failures, best practices etc to improve the overall operating effectiveness and efficiency of individuals and the entire Regional team
- Contacts and return calls to customer contacts at all levels, provides information through telephone, e-mail or personal visits as frequently as necessary
Demonstrates required analytical and computer skills essential to success in the job
- Maintains assigned equipment and tools provided by the Company in clean and working condition.
Completes, submits, and delivers all required reports to the Director of Sales in a timely fashion
- Maintain familiarity with Company policies and procedures and presents a professional image as a Company ambassador
- Develops and maintains an up to date knowledge of markets, products, and buying practices required to effectively compete in the assigned region
- Ensures that product and other relevant information provided to customers by Sales Agents is accurate and thorough
- Ensures that comprehensive product and application knowledge is used to successfully conduct effective SPIN, consultative and strategic selling presentations
- Uses comprehensive knowledge of customer activities and plans that impact use of Company products in strategic selling presentations.
- Uses business acumen and analytical skills to work effectively with internal functions, Account Managers, Sales Specialists and customers
- Regularly monitors customers’ needs and the Company’s product offerings to ensure needs are understood by team members and key departments and, appropriate levels of service and responsiveness are provided to accounts
- Degree in Life Science based subject (Preferably MSc/PhD)
- 3-5 years Direct sales role in Same industry
- Command of Italian as native language
- Good English language, both in writing and orally
- Practical understanding of the sales process & buying cycle
- Computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office package
- Ability to travel overseas occasionally to attend meetings and training sessions
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join