As part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our team, and help us in our mission to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.
Division Specific Information:
The Software and Bioinformatics organization within the Clinical Sequencing Division is looking for an exceptional leader for the Torrent Suite Software Development team. The team supports the Ion Torrent semiconductor DNA sequencing product line with a software platform that is central to the success of the platform. The unique Ion Torrent DNA sequencing technology acquires data at a rate of Terabytes per hour. High-performance and reliable software is essential for bringing customers from data to actionable insights in fields including Oncology, Infectious Diseases and Reproductive Health.
In the past year this team has played a vital role in enabling the launch of a broad range of instruments, consumables and applications.
Recent launches include:
- A new generation of DNA sequencing instruments
- Expanded-range semiconductor sequencing chips
- Tumor profiling assays for detection of actionable mutations and mutation load
- Liquid biopsy applications for detection and monitoring of cancers
- Immune Repertoire profiling capabilities, with broad applications in the new field of Immuno Oncology
- Lead development team, drive successful program completion
- Negotiate scope, define features, establish timelines for new software updates
- Evaluate new tools and processes with a view to continuous improvement
- Collaborate broadly across the R&D organization (primarily with the functions of Engineering, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Software) as well as with other key groups including Product Management, Marketing, Project Management, Service and Support
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5 or more years of experience leading a team in a commercial software environment
- Need to have a passion for working with new technology and for exploring new tools and processes to improve productivity
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to colleagues with varying ranges of technical background
- Must be a team player with great cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Great organizational skills, ability to prioritize work to meet with competing demands of scope and timeline
- Solid experience with Python in a Linux environment
- Experience in genomics, bioinformatics, Next-Generation Sequencing
- Familiarity with web server development
- Expertise with SQL and Django
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join