The HR Director Netherlands provides comprehensive HR support to Thermo Fisher Scientific businesses in the Netherlands in order to facilitate improved business performance and employee engagement. He/she is accountable for developing and implementing HR strategies to support delivery of the business objectives. This includes continuing to develop a culture based on the 4is and continuous improvement, attracting retaining and developping Talents. The role leads and coordinates HR teams to deliver day-to-day operational HR services to managers and employees through the full employment life cycle. The role is also accountable for identifying, developing and harmonizing existing HR policies and processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness. The HR Director Netherlands leads the country Employee Relations including Works Councils & Unions I&C.
Foster strong business partner relationship with key sites and country leads and interface with Business HR Partners. Work with leaders to ensure full insight and high level of business acumen to create HR strategies and tactical plans that enable the businesses to fulfill their goals and drive growth.
Originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will develop and provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, continuous improvement, productivity and standards, goal attainment and the ongoing development of a superior workforce.
Create and drive a culture of employee engagement by: driving engagement surveys, analyzing trends ; ensuring appropriate employee value proposition ; partnering with leaders to deliver timely and effective communications ; influencing operating mechanisms to ensure alignment with strategic growth plans.
Support and drive change management related to the implementation of organisational effective solutions such as: M&A, integrations, organizational changes and restructures.
Lead, manage, develop and coach the country HR team.
Drive all talent across the country, including through yearly talent tracking and assessment processes. Attract and retain talent at all levels.
Work closely with leaders to identify required competencies, performance levels and appropriate development and training programs. Coach leaders to build people management capabilities.
Work collaboratively as One Team with all the components of the HR organization to improve our effectiveness, cohesiveness and collaboration and to yield greater results for the businesses.
Partner with HR1 and the HR Platforms to ensure the development and implementation of processes are in line with global and country policies and meet the needs of the organization.
Own employment and policy T’s & C’s: drive a country approach to integration and harmonization of policies, terms & conditions and benefits. Drives harmonization and compliance.
Lead local unions and workers council management strategy, ensuring compliance with best practice and legislation as well as alignment across the country.
Stay current on relevant country employment laws and other human resources compliance issues.
- University degree within HR related subjects
- +10 years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources
- Experience in managing a team
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful member of a business management team that provides company leadership and direction in an international environment
- Must have the ability to challenge and influence managers and leaders at all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated and documented knowledge and experience in employment law, union agreements & negotiations, works councils, employee relations, compensation, organization planning and development, training & development
- Comfortable in a global and matrix organization as well as in a performance management culture
- Excellent organizational & interpersonal skills and highly experience in coaching/influencing senior managers
- High level of change management skills
- Experience in the administration of compensation & benefit programs
- Understands the dynamics of the global marketplace
- Excellent communicator, structured, self-driven, organised and positive
- Fluent in both Dutch and English
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join