When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Laboratory Products Division (LPD) Program Management Office (PMO) Director provides leadership for the PMO team supporting multiple business units’ new product development & engineering programs. The PMO is a team of division level resources with demonstrated capabilities at driving program execution and team collaboration across functions & business units. By leading a team of program managers, this individual is responsible for programs from inception to post launch surveillance in collaboration with R&D teams, product managers, cross-functional partners and subject matter experts. The role is responsible for the execution of agreed upon programs with achieved program cost, schedule, quality and cost-of-goods (COGS) targets.
Role and Responsibility
- Leads a global team of program managers establishing and promoting industry-recognized, best-in-class program management standards.
- Partners with each BU leadership team to integrate multiple segments into a cohesive BU strategy and annual plans, focusing on R&D utilization, in alignment with divisional strategy.
- Evaluates and harmonizes stage gate processes between business units while ensuring adherence to remain compliant with ISO certifications.
- Facilitates creation and implementation of an NPI portfolio roadmap, aligned with BU strategy.
- Provides program management subject matter expertise and support for large and/or complex programs.
- Helps assign Program Management resources and assists in the development of program teams with input from the functional managers. Allocates resources appropriately based on program complexity, strategic importance, and team experience.
- Sits on BU leadership teams and contributes to divisional monthly business reviews (MBR) to represent PMO organization.
- Establishes program management KPIs and monitors progress monthly including NPD dashboard by BU and Division.
- Leads regular review of NPI portfolio with BU & Divisional leadership teams, drives prioritization and reports on status & revenue of all BU NPI programs, in coordination with business units.
- Ensures information concerning program status (i.e. schedules, deliverables, costs, risks, and issues) passes to-and-from key stakeholders.
- Provide accountability for the evaluation and approval process for change requests (i.e. scope, schedule, and cost).
- Identifies resource bottlenecks that may be negatively impacting new product development programs and works with extended leadership team to address shorter and longer term. Ensures that an effective risk escalation process is established and that barriers to effective program execution are identified and addressed.
- Drives the selection and implementation of IT Tools to support program / program management processes.
- Develops organizational program management capabilities through training, coaching, and group and individual meetings/discussions.
- Communicates standards of program management role and responsibility, relative to grade level. Provides feedback & coaching on performance, as well as creation of personal development plans to improve skills set.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in business, engineering, or other related field.
- 10+ years of experience in program/program management and/or cross functional NPI leadership
- PMI or PMP certification preferred
- 5-10 years’ experience directly managing teams
- Experience developing program/program processes and driving change. Experience driving continuous improvements programs across an organization (with knowledge in Lean, Transformation, Six Sigma and Practical Process Improvement methodologies preferred).
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Program, Visio, and SharePoint) required.
- Strong preference for experience in modern program portfolio management tools.
- Interacts and builds effective relationships with core and extended team members, functional managers, senior management, and customers. Able to effectively navigate in a matrix environment and influence others or gain their acceptance to proposed solutions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills across all levels of employee groups. Able to present a convincing argument to senior executives.
- Can succeed (or even thrives) in a high speed, high pressure environment.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the situation/company.
- Participates in division wide development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for programs, programs, and people. Ensures budgets and schedules meet business requirements.
- Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives. Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures effective achievement of objectives.
- Ability to travel globally up to 40% annually.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join