When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The HR Manager has the responsibility for managing day-to-day Human Resource functions including: employee relations, recruiting and selection, HR compliance, on-boarding, record-keeping, training and development, compensation and performance management. This Site HR partner role will support the business leaders of the Corporate functions (including Strategy & Corporate Development, Finance, Legal, HR, and Global Business Services) in Waltham, MA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide HR support, process knowledge, advice and consultation to employees and managers in Corporate functions, located in Waltham, MA.
- Partner with Business HR Partners on strategic projects and initiatives for Corporate functions
- Promote positive employee relations and build relationships with employees and managers to become a trusted advisor
- Coach functional leadership in assigned client groups on issues including application of HR policies and processes and complex employee issues. May coach employees on people management, career development, personal leadership, and 360 assessments.
- Consult with local and/or functional leaders in areas such as organizational assessment, succession planning, organizational structure, and work force planning change management in order to strengthen overall organizational capability.
- Ensure alignment of HR processes i.e. Human Resources Review (HRR), Performance Management and Development (PMD), and Compensation planning
- Conduct Employee Relations investigations and provide recommendation for resolution.
- Handle escalations from HR1 Solution Center to resolve client queries and issues as appropriate (US only).
- Collaborate with Corporate HR team on defining and implementing process standardization and improvements.
- Demonstrated success translating business strategies into organizational and HR strategies and actions.
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands-on exposure to the full mix of HR functions in a global environment.
- Experience with Process Improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.)
- Experience working across a complex organizational matrix. Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A track record of positive results and an ability to show how his/her programs and policies have contributed to the growth and bottom line profitability of an organization while enhancing or driving cultural change.
- He/she should be someone who is sought out for their opinion and advice and who can forge and maintain close relationships across all constituencies.
- Self-motivated; bias for action.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business or business-related field required. Master’s degree in HR-related field strongly preferred.
- 5 years of experience as a Human Resources generalist/Manager with a large, multi-national company
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 60,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join