The Manager of the Applied Markets Life Sciences Mass Spectrometry (LSMS) Field Support Team within the Center of Excellence (CoE) will have primary responsibility for ensuring outstanding pre- and post-sales support for our clinical, environmental and food & beverage customer base as well as our expanding pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical market. The individual will be responsible for managing day-to-day activities to support all LSMS technologies within these markets, including tangential Thermo Scientific technologies to support these workflows – e.g reagents, columns, software, etc. The position will require the ability to interface with a wide variety of groups both across Thermo Fisher Scientific (sales, vertical marketing, product support, etc.) and within the larger team (Manager of demo labs and Manager of Omics LSMS Field Support).
- Build new customer advocates from newly completed sales.
- Deepen and broaden Thermo Fisher Scientific’s customer relationships with key scientific and educational leaders.
- Create a dynamic, flexible team environment that allows for creative problem solving.
- Actively work with the team to build relationships within the company and to continually improve skill sets of team members for future career growth.
- Identify individual or group training needs and organize appropriate and timely training.
- Be a point of contact for Factory and Vertical Marketing for Applied Markets.
- Plan and participate in educational or User meeting events.
- Monitor and report on all aspects of team activities.
- Monitor team operating expenses to ensure compliance to established budgets.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50% will be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or higher degree
- Minimum of 8 years of related work experience, including experience in a people management role.
- Experience managing remote team members is preferred.
- A proven track record of analytical and problem solving skills must be demonstrated.
- The position is field-based and therefore requires outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Demonstrate Role Model Leader characteristics
- Embody the 4-I values
- Delight customers
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Focus on growth
- Champion employee development
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join