Pushing the boundaries of discoveryWith more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, our company enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and supports\\ the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide team of 3200 people is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired FEI Company in September of 2016 as a part of the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) in the newly-formed Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD).
Check out these video’s to get more insight in what it means to work on our complex High-Tech Transmission Electron Microscopes. These high-end tools are being produced in our cleanrooms in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
- Corporate organization https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
- Inside the Titan Transmission Electron Microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
- How to make a microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6J_f4yVVg
- the installation of a Thalos System at the University of Chicago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40rTgRq7iD0
The Operations Engineering Organization at FEI is focused on developing and implementing world class initiatives in accordance with Operational Excellence. Product Engineers at FEI are expected to lead the key initiatives of "Fast new Product Cycle Times" & "Fast Flexible Factories" and provide ownership and direction of the Product Management Process (PMP) process. This starts at the requirements phase in R&D and continues via alpha testing to a production ready implementation of tools in our manufacturing department. You will guide this implementation, train / troubleshoot and release. You focus on project management until products come to a mature phase in their lifecycle. Generally, you have 1 or 2 main projects running simultaneously in various phases, depending on module or integration projects. This you will balance with multiple smaller activities.
The PositionThe Production Engineer is responsible for the smooth introduction of new products into the factory and field. This position interfaces with R&D, Product Marketing, manufacturing, service, logistics, purchasing, and quality groups to ensure development of sustainable products according to the latest quality standards, at lowest COGS and in line with best practices.
Specific deliverables associated with this position include:
- Engage with design engineers early in the Product Management Process (PMP) for New Product Introductions (NPI). This includes analysis and investigation and response to systems design proposals. Specific attention will be placed on design for manufacturability, testability, reliability, sustainability and serviceability. In this phase your will interact mostly with our R&D department.
- Manage complex projects from inception to completion (from R&D requirements phase to field validation and first 6 months approx. after shipment.) After that our sustaining team takes over.
- Set up training for manufacturing, service and sustaining engineers in new product build, test, install and repair procedures. Possibly develop advanced troubleshooting procedures. Develop and maintain technical product documentation, Manufacturing and Service work instructions and process documentation. Training plus documentation set up will be mostly done shortly before introduction in manufacturing and field and requires efficient interaction with the service documentation group.
- Support factory and field service engineers with first builds, installs and upgrades of newly introduced systems and modules to ensure proper working order. This may require travel to various customer locations worldwide to support installations and upgrades. In practice this is once a year.
- Conduct detailed troubleshooting and analysis of system or component level problems that affect reliability, performance, list hours, manufacturability etc., you will interpret business intelligence information and solve problems according to the Shainin method.
- Support the supply chain with Engineering Change Order execution and engineering expertise for component and subassembly sourcing. This includes the analysis of parts for reliability, vendor qualification and supplier quality issues. May require some interaction with external suppliers/vendors.
- Support Field Service and the Global Technical Support with product and/or process escalations as necessary.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically required, a Bachelor or Master degree in a technical discipline such as Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or other relevant degree
- Typically requires 2-7 years of experience adn engineering working knowledge. Preferably of physics related to optics and system integration of high end tools.
- Candidate must have hands-on mentality; you love high end technical complex tools and problems.
- Additional preference for working knowledge of electron beam technology and basic software programming.
- Being able to read and interpret Business Intelligence data and take appropriate action on data found, problems occurring, manage and involve necessary stakeholders. Solid computer skills are required (Word, Excell)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to plan and resolve issues that involve gaining cooperation of multiple cross-functional departments and sites without damaging relationships
A highly dynamic and challenging high tech environment where you will be interfacing with stakeholders across all levels of our organization. We guide you through factory training in the first 5 months, where you will learn ins and outs on our Transmission Electron Microscopes! You will be trained in our PMP process, mentored by our specialists and will learn project management. We offer decent contract with a good market conform salary and excellent secondary benefit, training.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join