Regional Market Development Manager EMEA, Next Generation Sequencing
Location: Remote office, EMEA
- Drive the NGS strategy in EMEA, in order to support global and regional revenue goals
- Deliver essential and inspirational regional marketing campaigns that provide brand awareness, education of targeted market segments, and enable conversion of leads to opportunities and closed/won revenue via all appropriate commercial channels (eg sales, digital, and distributors).
- To establish the regional strategy for the Ion Torrent next generation sequencing portfolio.
- To identify, supplement, and manage the coordination/integration Ion Torrent portfolio value propositions into EMEA markets.
- Engage, train and support direct and indirect sales teams so that they can close and win business for Ion Torrent technologies.
- Optimise EMEA regional go to market strategy with the aid of market analysis and planning.
- Review and set regional pricing of Ion Torrent NGS product portfolio based on input of the business and the competitive environment.
- Facilitate setting of regional revenue goals considering competitive, strategic and resource issues.
Strategy Development & Regional Representation for Business:
- Develops for region, in harmony with other Regional and Global Market Development Managers, strategic marketing plans which clearly identify core strategy, competitive and customer targets, marketing mix (special focus on local pricing and discounting and channels, including sales) and functional support required to meet stated strategic goals.
- Responsible for integrating regional marketing dynamics into business strategy using analysis of markets, customer segmentation, competitive environment. Responsible for regional customer feedback (VOC) and sales feedback (VOS) for the next generation sequencing business.
- Providing input on opportunities, product positioning and value proposition in the market for new and existing products.
- Represent business unit with other Platforms in determining best utilization and focus areas of multiple sales channels, including inside sales and associate sales teams.
- Prepares and presents at business reviews.
- Informs and educates Sales teams and distributors within established or novel channels on a regular basis about new product introductions, Sales strategies, competitive and market situation, pricing and promos.
- Identifies and develops effective promotional, sales tools, and collateral marketing pieces for the regional market.
- Measures marketing communications effectiveness and achieves target Return on Investment for marketing campaigns in the region. Participates in Regional marketing operating mechanisms.
Nature and Scope:
- This position interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel requiring the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing Thermo Fisher Scientific’s value proposition, strategic marketing plans and communications plans.
- Specifically this role will be required to interact continuously with Thermo Fisher Scientific’s regional marketing team as well as US based product management and marketing teams.
- Effectiveness in this role requires a general knowledge of those operating plans as well as industry practices for developing, promoting and selling similar products/services.
- Decisions are made within policy constraints; proposed solutions are expected to be both creative and practical.
- Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others and conduct presentations of technical information.
- A life science bachelor’s degree is preferred (eg Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry) with a degree or demonstrated experience in marketing/business administration/commercial or related discipline. M.B.A. preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers.
- Five to seven years in a marketing role including participating in market analysis and planning.
- Three+ years’ experience in the field of NGS preferred.
- Strong communication skills as well as analytical, project management and planning skills necessary.
- Business development skills and cross-functional team experience preferred.
- Proven ability to meet aggressive objectives and develop strong working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to translate marketing strategy into tactical plans and execute against those plans.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Works in an office environment.
- May, on a continuous basis, sit at desk for a long period of time; intermittently answer telephone and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means.
- Some walking and lifting up to 20 lbs. may be required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
- Frequent travel may be required (up to 40%).
- The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join