The divisional Logistics Support Specialist involves working as a liaison with third party logistics support contacts, Thermo Fisher factory contacts, suppliers as needed, and freight carriers to review part numbers, order status and physical unit status. In addition, this role is responsible for facilitating the timely processing of customer returns to the USDC as well as the factories. Interaction is made with the 3PL support team, department staff, Customer Service and Order Fulfillment on a regular basis. Interaction with Thermo Fisher managers or staff from Technical Support and Field Service Engineers is also required in providing regular communication and updates concerning order status and problem resolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inbound Order Support
- Processing of drop shipments from the factory to the customer
- Shipment tracking and POD support
- Liaising with freight carriers regarding goods in transit
- Filing and following up on freight claims for damaged goods
- Return Material Authorization (RMA) Order Support
- Prioritize & Expedite Order Tracking for instrument shipments out of Plant 20
- Additional duties include, but not limited to, filing, faxing, paperwork distribution, records retention, etc.
- Coordination with factories and distribution centers
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Associates degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years in a warehouse/shipping/receiving environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Computer experience required
- SAP experience preferred
- Accurate typing skills
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to schedule and work independently, and as part of a group, to accomplish individual and team objectives
- Good attendance record required; dependable
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include reading forms and documentation; operating computer terminal, and general clerical work.
- Specific job duties that require the physical demands itemized above include talking to internal/external customers and suppliers on the phone and in person; filling out documentation, and keying information into computer system.