Currently we have an immediate opening for a Finance Manager at our Millersburg, PA facility.
This role will manage the day to day finance and accounting responsibilities at our Pennsylvania manufacturing site. The expectation of this role is that it supplies finance leadership and business partnership with the Global Sr. Director of Finance and to drive the P&L for the $100M site. The role also requires identifying and developing existing finance practices to improve efficiency/effectiveness within the business and ensuring compliance with best practice and finance legislation. As an influential member of the management team, the Finance Manager will partner and guide the site Senior Managers, with regards to implementing and developing finance strategies to achieve business goals, as well as taking responsibility for ensuring that agreed finance initiatives are planned, implemented as agreed, monitored, and achieved.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leadership of the Millersburg, PA and Matamoros, MX Finance teams
- Develop and maintain site reporting, especially in the areas of cost accounting (P&L per product line), departmental accounting (with actual versus plan/forecast analysis) and statistical data (sales, customer, supplier, inventory etc)
- Standard cost maintenance for BOM’s, Routings, and Work Centers, and their relevancies to product costing
- Responsible for the coordination of AOP and Forecasting and its submissions
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting to the Business Unit, Division, and Corporate (Supplemental & Statutory reporting, Revenue, Costs & EBITA reporting)
- Reporting of monthly financial performance
- Responsible for Cost Accounting strategies and work flows to meet monthly inventory and gross margin goals (price, mix, volume)
- To provide advice and guidance at senior level on all finance related matters based on facts and data, ensuring consistency of interpretation of the Finance policies
- Build credibility and trust across the organization and be visible within the facility
- Ensure timely and accurate month end processing and Monthly/Quarterly reporting into HFM, including supplemental data
- Ensure all control ledgers are accurately maintained
- Ensure all Internal Controls are in place and functional for compliance with Thermo Fisher Scientific Accounting Policies and Procedures as well as Sarbanes Oxley
- Co-ordinate and facilitate information for internal and external audits
- Preparation and submission of tax package
- Responsible for cash flow and working capital management
- To undertake ad hoc analysis and reporting as required for the role
- Bachelor of Science (or beyond) in Accounting
- 5+ years of qualified finance/accounting experience.
- Ledger Accounting and Manufacturing experience essential.
- Sarbanes Oxley experience advantageous.
- US GAAP experience advantageous.
- Experience leading a team of direct reports
- The candidate should have proven success in financial accounting.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Team player and self-motivated with good attention to detail.
- Customer focused (internal and external)
- Good time management, ability to meet deadlines and to work under pressure
- Confident presenter to Senior Management levels
- Flexibility to work as required at busy times such as month-end.
Essential Knowledge and Competencies:
- High degree of IT literacy
- Financial accounting skills
- Good verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills
- Understands the business, including products, markets, customers, operations, and driver
- Builds Customer Allegiance
- Focuses on growth
- Communicates Openly
- People development
- Demonstrates Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation & Involvement
Position is approved for relocation