Regional Market Development Manager EMEA, Gene Expression Applications
Location: Remote office, EMEA
- To lead the transformation of global strategy into regionally relevant, inspiring marketing that creates customer value, revenue and growth for the gene expression portfolio.
- To develop and establish the EMEA regional marketing strategy for the gene expression application space to achieve financial goals for the associated QPCR, NGS and microarray product lines
- To establish the regional strategy for the gene expression applications space.
- To optimise EMEA regional go to market strategy with the aid of market analysis and planning.
- To identify, supplement, and manage the deployment of gene expression campaign tactics into EMEA markets.
- To champion the gene expression business, and train and support direct and indirect sales teams to close and win business for gene expression applications and portfolio.
- To review and set regional pricing for the gene expression microarray product portfolio based on input of the business and the competitive environment.
- To facilitate setting of regional revenue goals considering competitive, strategic and resource issues.
- Develops for region, in harmony with other Regional and Global Market Development Managers, strategic marketing plans which clearly identify core strategy, competitive and customer targets, marketing mix (special focus on local pricing and discounting and channels, including sales) and functional support required to meet stated strategic goals
- Responsible for integrating regional marketing dynamics into business strategy using analysis of markets, customer segmentation, competitive environment. Responsible for regional customer feedback (VOC) and sales feedback (VOS) for the expression applications business
- Provides input on opportunities, product positioning and value proposition in the market for new and existing products
- With sales leadership, determines best utilization and focus areas of multiple sales channels, including generalist and specialist sales teams
- Prepares and presents at business reviews
- Regularly informs and educates sales teams and distributors within established or novel channels about new product introductions, sales strategies, competitive and market situation, pricing and promos
- Identifies and develops effective promotional, sales tools, and collateral marketing pieces for the regional market
- Measures marketing communications effectiveness and achieves target ROI for marketing campaigns in the region. Participates in regional marketing operating mechanisms.
- This position interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel requiring the ability to clearly communicate, both verbally and in writing, Thermo Fisher Scientific’s value proposition, strategic marketing plans and communications plans.
- Specifically, this role will be required to interact continuously with Thermo Fisher Scientific’s regional marketing team as well as US-based product management and marketing teams.
- Effectiveness in this role requires a general knowledge of those operating plans as well as industry practices for developing, promoting and selling similar products/services.
- Decisions are made within policy constraints; proposed solutions are expected to be both creative and practical.
- Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others and conduct presentations of technical information.
A life science bachelor’s degree is preferred (eg Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry) with a degree or demonstrated experience in marketing/business administration/commercial or related discipline. M.B.A. preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers.
- Five to seven years in a marketing role including participating in market analysis and planning.
- Experience in molecular life science markets preferred or proven ability to learn about and understand life science applications.
- Strong communication skills as well as analytical, project management and planning skills necessary.
- Business development skills and cross-functional team experience preferred.
- Proven ability to meet aggressive objectives and develop strong working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to translate marketing strategy into tactical plans and execute against those plans.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Works in an office environment.
- May, on a continuous basis, sit at desk for a long period of time; intermittently answer telephone and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means.
- Some walking and lifting up to 20 lbs. may be required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
- Frequent travel may be required (up to 40%).
- The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join