Job Title: Technical Support Specialist
Location: PRC of China
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 55,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for supporting the installation, uptime and repair of complex equipment and systems. This includes working with R&D Research & Development), Applications and OE (Operations Engineering) on new and existing product developments, development of advanced troubleshooting methods and leading product and process improvements.
Responsibilities and deliverables include but are not limited to:
- Provide superior support in the form of technical assistance (remote & onsite) to the regional service teams in your area of product specialization.
- Partner with the central GTS team and cross-functional departments to bring in the service related requirements and to sustain support through the life of the system.
- Influence and drive MTTR, MTBF
- Provide input and feedback on service tools, repair and installation work instructions
- Provide input and feedback on spares parts and associated work instructions
- Provide input and feedback on diagnostic and test procedures required for support of systems
- Provide feedback to product quality teams, analyze and initiate improvement projects on systems and subsystems as required.
- Gives primarily input or develops advanced troubleshooting documentation. Validates service advanced troubleshooting documentation and software.
- Cultivate and develop positive working relationships with FSE’s, Applications, other GTS groups, Development and Operations.
- BA degree in Electronics, Mechanics, or related discipline or comparable training (military, tech school)
- Typically requires 5-10 years’ experience with service and/or manufacturing in high-tech industry or laboratory
- Comfortable in working with analytical equipment.
- All-round technical knowledge and practical skills Multidisciplinary trouble shooting skills
- Experience with analytical equipment (electronics, software, physics, mechanics) such as Electron Microscopes, Wafer Steppers, Medical Equipment (e.g. MRI-scan)
- Typically requires a University degree in Applied Physics, Electronics, or Electro-Mechanics. (Associates minimum, Bachelors preferred, or equivalent military training)
- Preferably experience as a customer or field service engineer with TEM or SEM systems.
- Works with demanding customers and understands the importance of customer relations and intimacy.
- Self-starter who is also highly productive when not supervised.
- Project leader skills
- International Travel (20% - 30% of working time following initial training period)
- Fluent in English & Chinese (verbal and in writing).
- Other language skills are an asset.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join