When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Logistics Supervisor is part of Operations and will be responsible for the day to day operations of the shipping and receiving from raw material and finished goods as well as supervising staff. The role is also responsible for effective collaboration mainly with Manufacturing, Quality, Facilities and various vendors.
- Manage the inbound and on-time outbound shipments (Receiving, Put away, Picking, Packing, and Shipping)
- Maintain complete and thorough documentation in accordance with required US and international standards (e.g., ISO compliance, GLP/GMP/QSR requirements, etc.) for assigned staff
- Oversee, manage and provide strong leadership to the logistics team of 4, including hiring, performance management, training, mentoring and professional development, assigning work in a clear and effective manner, cross-training
- Meet team and individual performance expectations focusing on Safety, Quality, and Delivery
- Analyze and extract data to track, communicate, maintain and drive Key Performance Indicators towards excellence in the area of completeness, accuracy, timeliness (On Time Delivery) and adequate shelf life of all shipments
- Execute accurate and on-time processing of released orders for shipment including pulling material from available stock and picking material from staging locations
- Coordinate with the suppliers and external resources as needed Ensure proper documentation is completed to meet quality systems requirements. (e.g., BOM’s, FMEA’s, etc.)
- Establish and maintain an efficient and accurate Cycle Count Program.
- Create, modify, and implement operating procedures, work instructions, and corrective and preventative actions (CAPAs) as needed
- Manage Trade Compliance and In-bound Logistics, as well as Control Goods In Transit (GIT) as per the agreed transit time
- Maintain relationships with shipping companies, freight forwarders, custom offices and port authorities to maximize efficiency of stock receiving at distribution center(s)
- Ensure waste and scrap disposal is performed timely, efficiently and in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Create, maintain and report departmental metrics
- Provide pro-active performance coaching to ensure quality and GMP standards are maintained
- Partner with cross functional teams to drive safety, quality, delivery and cost initiatives
- Work closely with Finance and Operations teams to implement a best-in-class cycle counting program to accomplish successful month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial close
- Implements, supports and sustains a clean and organized 5S environment
- Performs other duties and special assignments as required
- Bachelor’s degree in the Life Sciences or related field
- 5 years of industry experience, preferably in a commercial environment
- Work experience leading or managing a team
- Knowledge of safety, environmental and other regulatory requirements
- Driven self-starter with previous supervisory experience that leads and commits to staff training and development to build an effective team to effectively supervise
- Previous experience managing pick and pack operations.
- Strong project management, communication, and organizational skills
- Possess a continuous process improvement mindset with the ability to effectively lead and manage change
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point, and QuickBooks
- Proven success in leading safety programs and working in a safety first environment
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join