Job Title: Account Manager, Chromatography Consumables
Location: Seattle, WA
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The territory account manager is responsible for selling chromatography and laboratory consumable products for the Chromatography Consumables business within the Analytical Instruments Group. This person will focus on exceeding sales quotas for the full product portfolio within the assigned territory by selling and negotiating contracts to close orders with end user customers, key decision makers and procurement. Must be able to collaborate with telesales reps, channel distribution partners, product & application specialists, chromatography & mass spectrometry instrument teams, customer experience and business development teams as well as other inter-company synergistic individuals.
This field based position covers the Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Hawaii, and Western half of Canada, and will require overnight travel around 50% of the time.
What will you do?
- Achieve/ exceed assigned monthly & yearly sales goals/quotas within assigned territory
- Identify , develop and close large sales opportunities
- Develop and implement strategic account specific strategies to develop new customers and opportunities and secure territorial annual sales growth consistent with corporate/divisional AOP goals
- Ability to use sales tools, develop detailed business plans, organize, accurately forecast territory results, provide market intelligence, implement value selling and meet sales objections while operating within expense budgets and control costs
- Sells new products by establishing key customers relationships and understanding customer application needs
- Aligns with applicable channel/distribution partners, telesales reps, channel distribution partners, product & application specialists, chromatography & mass spectrometry instruments, customer experience and business development teams
- Lead Key Account activities for high value accounts. Possibly cross-territories
- Maintain and continue to develop a superior knowledge of our products and their applications.
- Train and motivate channel/distribution/rep organizations to optimize achievement of sales goals via their supplementary efforts.
- Monitor competitive activity and industry trends, fosters competitive solutions to meet sales goals
- Timely submit forecasts, weekly reports, monthly highlights, marketing intelligence, and other related reports for defined territory to supervisor
- Maintain accurate and current records of proposals, opportunities, accounts, contacts, leads and actions through SalesForce.com CRM within defined territory
- Keep manager abreast of any new developments in the marketplace (competitive, product, customer, wins/losses, etc...)
- Present the company’s products in a positive manner and maintain/build our reputation in the marketplace
- Maintain intensity persistence and continually strive to increase market share
Education and Required Experience:
- BS degree in Chemistry or related field required
- Minimum two years of selling experience strongly preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of Chromatography (GC and HPLC) and should have knowledge of Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS and LC/MS) and Chromatography Information Data Systems (CDS/LIMS).
- Must also have a broad familiarity with the following industries: biotech, pharmaceutical, academia research, medical research, environmental, food/flavors, clinical/toxicology, forensics, and petrochemical/petroleum.
- Experience developing and executing sales and/or field marketing plans as well as time/territory management plans to develop long-term relationships, drive account expansion and penetration.
- Knowledgeable with respect to competitive landscape for chromatography products and services.
- Ability to identify new target accounts each year and be able to develop and execute territory plans.
- Prior experience forecasting and use of a CRM (SFDC) for reporting.
- Experience in managing independent selling or distribution channels a definite plus.
- This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join