When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Job Summary: Performs specified testing and observes product and/or components to verify data elements are within expected test parameters as required. Records all test data and assures that product and component test conditions are completely defined. Identifies any data points in question or out of parameter.
- Prepares product units and/or components for final testing. Performs all pre-test requirements to include thermocouple installation, gauging and metering. Checks measurement and/or recording equipment to ensure proper working order.
- Performs specified testing and observes product and/or components to verify data elements are within expected test parameters as required. Records all test data and assures that product and component test conditions are completely defined. Identifies any data points in question or out of parameter.
- Prepares data summary as required by work order and workstation instructions. Maintains permanent record file or test data. Collects, measures and analyzes specific test data as defined by the Quality Director in order to facilitate quality process improvement initiatives established by the production/manufacturing personnel.
- Notifies supervisor or appropriate personnel of status, progress or problems encountered in testing or related activities. Can be called upon to participate in any quality process improvement initiative based on technical expertise and knowledge of the testing processes.
- Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices.
- Cleans immediate work area and performs other duties as required by the QC department management personnel.
- Requires high school diploma or GED
- Basic Computer skills.
- Preferred two years’ experience in a related field.
- Must have a fundamental knowledge of electric test equipment, i.e., scopes, meters, etc.
- Must have a fundamental understanding of blueprints, electrical drawings, knowledge of precision measuring equipment and able to work from sketches and verbal instructions.
- Good mechanical and trouble-shooting aptitude,
- CFC Certification preferred.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow wiring diagrams and blueprints as shown in SOE. Ability to read and differentiate part numbers, labels and work instructions.
- Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common to the job.
- Preferred manufacturing experience.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join