When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Priority Solutions International, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is a Life Science specialty logistics provider. Our focus on product integrity across the full supply chain including samples, urgent care and trade product is best-in-class and aligned with Life Science Quality Assurance requirements. Our industry business intelligence across multiple clients, adherence to regulatory requirements and deviation prevention mechanisms provides both tangible and intangible cost savings. This is why the largest global pharmaceutical companies have come to rely on us to support their very specific logistics needs. http://www.prioritysolutions.com
The Manager, Information Technology provides hands-on leadership to the Development team for Priority Solutions International. S/he provides leadership to the IT function for all locations.
- Lead the development team supporting the company's application architecture and enterprise systems as directed by the company
- Collaborate with business partners and the company's clients to deliver highly reliable and compliant IT systems
- Manages, develops and enforces company’s system architecture standards and policies to maximize efficiency and support platform compatibility.
- Provide leadership and support in maintaining overall system compliance in regard to Validation, Change Control, and Disaster Recovery.
- Monitor systems for uninterrupted IT service. Establish operational objectives and work plans, delegates assignments
- Establish and adheres to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements
- Analyze existing information processing systems to evaluate effectiveness and develops new systems to improve production or workflows as required.
- Implement or modify procedures and/or processes to solve business issues considering alternatives and limitations, environment and desired results
- Document and review detailed specifications of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify applications
- Review computer system capabilities, workflows, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested program or program change is possible within existing system
- Work on projects that may involve interfaces across diverse hardware platforms, with multiple programming languages, development tools or data access tools
- Upgrade system and corrects errors to maintain system as part of the IT Software Development Life Cycle after implementation
- Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in IT or equivalent experience, Masters preferred
- 2-5 years of experience managing a team of IT professionals in a fast-paced, large company environment
- 10+ years of development experience in C# and .NET
- 5+ years of hands-on SQL Server development, including stored procedures, triggers, and views, including SSIS and SSRS
- Experienced working in Team Foundation Server (TFS) in a fast paced, waterfall environment is highly desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts. Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audience.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into functional and operational requirements.
- Strong troubleshooting and project management skills as well as an understanding of project management lifecycle
- Demonstrates self-discipline and motivation in all aspects of job performance
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry or an FDA regulated environment is a big plus