Currently, our Madison, Wisconsin facility has an immediate opening for a Cost Accountant. Please read the job duties and requirements carefully before applying. If you then feel you have the knowledge, skills, and experience that is required for this position, then please apply! WE CAN'T WAIT TO TALK TO YOU!
COST ACCOUNTANT II
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cost accounting analysis and internal/external reporting, including monthly / quarterly / annual Thermo reporting requirements, including use of Company supported reporting tools
- Perform high-level accounting activities and analysis requiring the utilization of professional concepts and analytical skills
- Maintenance of SAP cost accounting system for accounting department needs, including data integrity, troubleshooting, process improvements
- Analyze results of specific areas or projects; present results to appropriate level of management, including senior operations and division leadership
- Perform various period and year-end close responsibilities; journal entries, reconciliations, account diagnostics, financial results
- Assist in budget process and completing various aspects of the budget.
- Assist with interim and annual financial audits with both internal audit teams and external Thermo Fisher supported audit teams (PriceWaterhouseCoopers)
- Active participant in Practical Process Improvement teams, recommend improvements to existing processes, seek out and develop best practices
- Journal Entry development and processing
- Authority regarding routine inventory/costing and compliance issues
- Reporting on trends within the operations environment, recommending course of action and improvement plans
- Responsible for owning the cost accounting system within the manufacturing environment, reporting results and trends and developing diagnostic tools to ensure strong financial and audit control
- Responsible for meeting deadlines for monthly close process and diagnostics around financial processes
Minimum Education and Job Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (or related field) from an accredited university
- 2 or more years of cost accounting experience;
- SAP experience preferred
- Developed analytical skills is a must.
- Developed organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and recommend strategies around owned area of responsibility, including other factory projects
- Ability to work independently, accurately and timely, with little or no supervision
- Presentation skills both written and oral, ability to develop a cohesive and comprehensive report package that can be communicated to all levels of management
- Partnership with and understanding of ancillary functions (Manufacturing, Engineering, R&D, IT, Marketing, and Sales). Provide advice and council to management and work teams.
- High level computer skills and data manipulation (Especially Microsoft suite, Excel spreadsheets and SAP systems)
- Thorough and working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join