When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $20 billion, we have approximately 65,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
For the internship, there is a need to support the engineer(s) and to allow for mentoring interactions
in the following areas:
- Design, build, install, and operational support for a Next Generation Bioreactors.
- Functional cell culture testing for Next Gen Bioreactor.
- Engineering design, analysis and optimization
- Development of test protocols and predictive models.
- Exposure to design for manufacturing concepts.
- Exposure to heat and mass transfer principles.
Skills and Abilities
- Modeling software (Matlab, etc)
- Controls software (DeltaV, PLC, datalogers, etc)
- SolidWorks CAD software or equivalent (AutoCAD, Solid Works, etc)
- CFD modeling software (Fluent, etc)
- Statistical analysis modeling software (JMP, etc)
- Possess or pursuing degree in engineering – chemical, biological, biomedical, or materials.
- Strong command of MS office programs (Excel, etc).
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join