Make life an adventure. Join more than 65,000 people dedicated to enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
As a Co-Op with Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will have the opportunity to put your education to use by taking on real-world projects and assignments. Working side-by-side with dynamic and passionate teams, you will gain experience and mentorship that will help prepare you for your future career.
The Industrial Engineering Co-Op will assist with the day-to-day functions of the Industrial Engineering team while bringing value to the team by presenting new/advanced ideas on how to work smarter not harder in our distribution environments.
- Time Study Observations: Assist with the collection of observations for the implementation of labor standards.
- Work Instructions: Creation of work instructions for currently existing functions.
- Simulation Software: Assist in the collection of data and creation of simulations to make operational decisions.
- Performance of Employees to Standard: Use BOSS to compare employee performance to the current standard. Also can assist with reviewing compliance reports for accuracy.
- iConnect and Master Control: Assist in the processing and uploading of controlled engineering documents (work instructions, etc) to Master Control
Raising Sophomore or Junior currently enrolled in an accredited bachelor’s degree program
Major in industrial engineering preferred
Familiarity with doing “motion and time studies, labor standards and observations
Knowledge of the full Microsoft suite; Excel, Outlook, Work, Access, Power Point
Ability to travel to different warehouse distribution centers in the United States
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join