When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Quality Technician works closely in a team environment with quality engineers, engineering, manufacturing engineering, manufacturing and purchasing to ensure compliance to the quality management system. The Quality Technician will be directly involved with nonconforming material, first-article inspections, gauge calibration, quality investigations, continuous improvement activities, internal auditing and corrective actions.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists the Quality Manager in running the non-conforming materials program
- Assists the Quality Manager in running the first-article inspection program
- Assists the Quality Manager in issuing Certificates of Conformance (COCs)
- Assists the Quality team in managing the gage calibration program
- Assists the Quality team in investigating external and internal complaints, non-conformances and issues of regulatory compliance
- Assists the Quality team by participating on continuous improvement teams, especially those related to the quality management system and quality initiatives
- Assists the Quality team by regularly conducting internal audits
- Assists the Quality team in their corrective action activities
- Assists the Quality team in developing, implementing, and maintaining quality management documentation including internal processes, procedures, work instructions and quality records
- Champions good documentation practices
- Minimum of AAS degree
- 1 to 3 years of experience related to quality, preferably in a manufacturing
- Experience with ISO 9001 compliant quality management systems
- Experience working in lean manufacturing environments
- Experience with the suite of tools known as Microsoft Office
- Experience working in regulatory environments and requirements such as RoHS, CE, UL, IEC, etc.
- Familiarity with basic inspection tools such as calipers, radius gauges, micrometers, etc.
- Familiarity with mechanical engineering drawings
- Familiarity with electrical circuits and electrical components
- Demonstrates good communications skills
- Demonstrates good judgement when making independent decisions
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Works cooperatively with other
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations will be made to assist those with a disability.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join