Provide global financial support for the Thermo Fisher Scientific Global Business Services departments with emphasis on Expense Control, Budgeting, and Sourcing.
- Work cross-functionally with all GBS Departments: Sourcing (Direct & Indirect), Real Estate, PPI, HR Shared Services, Strategic Pricing, Aviation, Building, and Strategic Operations to plan, forecast and report costs.
- Coordination, completion and review of month end close process, including journal entries, account reconciliations, and post close reporting.
- Complete census reporting for all GBS Departments, including data corrections as necessary
- Perform entries to distribute volume rebates and sign-on bonuses to divisions, including developing the allocation methodology.
- Assist GBS team with coding and submitting centrally billed invoices from vendors
- Track Indirect Sourcing savings and complete quarterly reporting.
- Provide decision support to Sourcing groups through routine actionable reports and as needed ad-hoc analysis.
- Assist with producing quarterly reports and analysis for Operations Leadership Council (OLC) including Productivity Savings Trends and Leakage analysis.
- Assist with completing appropriation requests, RFDs, SOWs, Invoices, personnel changes, etc.
- Take high level direction and work independently to drive execution of department goals.
- Provide general finance support to the GBS team as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in the areas of financial reporting, internal control, forecasting, analysis, and accounting knowledge through professional and/or educational background.
- Exhibit initiative and the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
- The ability to make logical assumptions, identify trends, and develop well defined analysis and presentations.
- Proven leadership qualities and the ability to work cross-functionally with individuals and teams as well as the ability to build organizational relationships with peers.
- It is required that the candidate has the ability to manage multiple assignments, has good judgment, and prioritizes projects and time effectively.
- Ability to identify and champion productivity improvements through Practical Process Improvement (PPI).
- The ideal candidate will have a commitment to continuous learning, demonstrate a desire to advance and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Excellent skills with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint are required; additional skills with Data Warehouse, Oracle, MS Access, HFM, and COGNOS are a plus.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other relevant background.
- Strong written communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills.
- 5+ years of Financial Management experience.
- Advanced Qualification Preferred is a plus (CPA, MBA, or MS).
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join