Job Title: Database Administrator Intern
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $20 billion, we have approximately 65,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
Summary of Internship
The Database Administrator Internship provides an opportunity for computer engineering students who are currently pursuing a computer science, computer engineering, or like engineering degree to get hands on experience working with database administrators in a fast-paced environment. The
Database Administrator intern will contribute to supporting databases and application. The position starts in June, paid working 40 hours per week through August. Opportunity exists for this position to continue through the academic year on a part-time basis to allow for class schedules.
- The database intern is responsible for providing database support related to all environments
- Support a variety of database activities and may be assigned to a variety of tasks throughout the department
- Be involved with many aspects of software quality assurance and some software design and analysis tasks
- Exposure to database design, implementation and troubleshooting
- Learn about databases administration and instrumentation through daily activities.
- Accept candid feedback and look for areas of improvements
- Specific tasks will be tailored to the database administrator intern experience level and abilities
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Strong willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Strong customer focus
- Desire to teach other engineers about technology in area of expertise
- In process of attaining: BS Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related field of study, or equivalent experience Computer science or computer engineering, or like engineering field
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join