Thermo Fisher Scientific, Burlington
Being a global leader in a field that requires equal parts scientific understanding and technical know-how and making a positive difference while doing it ? That’s what makes it rewarding and worthwhile!
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, we know that making the world a better place starts with innovation: all our work is aimed at making laboratory work and research better than ever. With over 65,000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we’re helping clients to eradicate disease, making sure our air is clean, or solving scientific cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
Junior Automation System Integrator
What will you do ?
- Achieved Systems Integrator skills.
- Prepares the system specification and documentation of the customer’s requirements, and obtain customer approval.
- Develops technical solutions to meet the customer’s requirements.
- Defines the tasks required to successfully complete the project.
- Creates a detailed schedule, specific to the customer’s project.
- Determines the requirements for the system software together and…for Tactical Software Team.
- Responsible for documentation, record keeping, and reporting the project status.
- Writes the purchase requisitions for materials and equipment.
- Directs the activities of the project team to successfully complete the project.
- Interfaces with the customer to clarify issues with specification.
- Ensures that the system meets the requirements of the customer specification, and conducts FAT with customer and obtains approval.
- Creates site integration plan for on-site integration and testing.
- Conducts SAT and obtains customer approval.
- Works with other departments to convert assigned Custom Lab Peripherals to Standard Product.
- Ensures that the system complies with Thermo LAI Quality System.
Education and required experience
- University or College graduate in Electrical or Mechanical disciplines or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years experience as system integrator
- Previous project management experience including knowledge and use of project management software.
- Formal degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or technology.
- Training in project management, cost estimating and proposal writing.
- Cost and schedule management.
- Organizational, planning and time management skills.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join