Responsible for the thermal processing of prepared media and additive components through High Speed/High Temp (HSHT) equipment, autoclaves and kettles
- Arrive to work on time and work during scheduled hours, working additional overtime as needed.
- Follow all written procedures. Report discrepancies in procedures (SOP’s, DHR’s etc.) to the Area Supervisor.
- Maintain good personal hygiene. Wear designated uniform maintained in good condition.
- Wear required personal protective equipment as required, including but not limited to toe. Refer to job specific Job Safety Analysis.
- Perform all work activities in a safe manner. Maintain a safe and clutter free work area. Clean up all spills immediately.
- Demonstrate work procedures and instruct co-workers in the use of tools as assigned.
- Listen to, follow and relay written and verbal instructions in English.
- Report property damage and/or safety hazards to the Supervisor, Human Resources, Safety Specialist or Senior Management immediately.
- Document accurately and check personal work for quality and compliance.
- Efficiently and safely operate assigned machinery. Perform simple maintenance and Report malfunctioning equipment immediately to Supervisor or Lead.
- Continuously monitor product for defects.
- Assist with inventory process as requested.
- Work cooperatively and efficiently with coworkers in all departments with little supervision to achieve team, department and company goals.
- Operate machine controls, processing all HSHT, kettle and flask media, regulating speed of processing according to production time schedules and cleaning machinery, hardware and work area as needed.
- Read meters and dials, constantly monitoring temperature and flow rates of media processing through HSHT machinery.
- Record and document processing results on Device History Records and computer records.
- Complete needed paperwork by writing or signing with accuracy and neatness.
- Clearly communicate any equipment malfunctions or product discrepancies to appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Wash holding, boiling and processing vessels, observing safety procedures while using approved cleaning agents.
- Check own work performance to set standard as described in Standard Operating Procedures.
- Handle kettle, autoclave hardware, flasks and other necessary equipment with caution, remaining alert in order to avoid damage to product or injury to self.
- Assist in scheduling daily component additives for manual pouring room.
- Assist in training production workers on scheduling, computer operations, and related subjects.
- Correctly weigh powders and re-hydrate fresh solutions daily.
- Re-hydrate powders into flasks and kettles and add all necessary components prior to processing
- Must possess basic English communications skills, both written and/or verbal
- Must be able to comprehend and follow both written and/or verbal English communications
- Must be able to perform basic math calculations
- Prefer high school education or equivalent
- Prefer a minimum of one year of manufacturing experience
- Lift up to 50 pounds. Push/pull up to 600 lbs wheeled kettles.
- Stand for sustained periods of time, approximately 10 hours a day.
- Walk short distances, maneuvering self around machinery and co-workers.
- Ability to see in color.
- Must have a high school degree or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Must be able to communicate, both written and verbally, using the English language.
- Must be able to comprehend and follow both written and/or verbal English communications.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join