Snr Associate Accountant – UK & Ireland
Thermo Fisher Scientific has an excellent opportunity for an ambitious accountant to join their existing team based in Paisley. This is an exciting opportunity to work in an expanding centre of excellence in an organisation considered a global leader in its field.
The centre provides financial controllership in the region for two of the Thermo Fisher Scientific groups – Life Sciences Solutions and Special Diagnostics. We are responsible for a large number of entities reporting a total of $2 Billion of revenue per year.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and detail oriented individual with excellent communication, computer and organisational skills. The candidate must be high-potential and have the ability to prioritise and follow through in a fast-paced, multitask environment.
- Ensure the timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of monthly close activities.
- Prepare accounting entries. Evaluate entries for completeness and accuracy
- Review general ledger activity, researching and correcting account discrepancies.
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations, including general ledger accounts and sub ledger accounts. Research and resolve any reconciling items on a monthly basis.
- Perform variance analysis including current-to-prior month/quarter/year fluctuations.
- Management reporting to Corporate through Hyperion
- Support the preparation of Statutory Accounts under FRS102
- Preparation and submission of government and other agency returns, including but not limited to Tax returns and government statistics returns.
- Coordinate accounting entries with other departments and accounting system modules.
- Assist in maintenance of documentation of policies, procedures and controls. Ensure compliance with Corporate Accounting policies, procedures and controls (Sarbanes-Oxley Act).
- Key point of contact for external and internal auditors as well as various groups companywide.
- Complete special projects as requested.
- Accuracy is required in performing all aspects of the role
- High level of proactivity to drive continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills to interact at various levels inside and outside the organisation
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Ability to work well under time constraints
- Working knowledge of ERPs (E1 or SAP) (Desired but not essential)
Degree or diploma in Accounting required; Professionally Part-qualified (working towards professional qualification)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.