Job Title: Sales Representative, LSMS
Location: Field based. Territory includes: Cambridge MA, and select named accounts
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As the Sales Representative, you will be a key member of the Thermo Fisher Scientific sales team. In this role you will sell Thermo Fisher’s portfolio of Liquid Chromatography / Mass Spectrometry products to assigned accounts within Cambridge, Massachusetts.
What will you do?
- Consultative Selling of LC/MS instruments and prospecting for new sales opportunities.
- Prospecting includes following up on provided leads and cold calling to generate new prospects.
- Identifies and interprets customers’ requirements, aligns them with Thermo Fisher Scientific products and services, then communicates recommended solutions to customers in written and verbal form.
- Prepares proposals and quotations
- Prepares and delivers technical presentations, provides consultation and problem solving to customers as necessary and facilitate closing orders.
- Serves as the focal point of the division’s contact with customers, a responsibility requiring a broad knowledge of the division and an attitude that is in tune with its goals.
- Functions as a business person, aware of and responsible to the conditions that affect the business. These conditions include knowledge of competition – their products, pricing, procedures and personnel; of customers – their organizations and procedures; of the industries represented by customers.
- Is responsive to customers’ needs, as well as to conditions and trends that affect them. Serves as a channel of information to the division about customers, markets and competition. Receives guidance concerning markets, prices, products, deliveries and competition from the division.
- Updates SFDC CRM daily with results of day’s activities
- Keep Sales Manager updated at least weekly, preferably several times per week on status of active opportunities
How will you get there?
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry / Physical Sciences, or equivalent required.
- 3 years of sales experience with analytical instruments preferred
- Will consider business oriented individuals currently using LC/MS in a laboratory that have sales aptitude and have a level of visibility in the scientific community.
- Technical acumen in mass spectrometry (omics, environmental/food safety, clinical, and forensic markets)
- Working knowledge of mass spectrometry including ion traps, triple quadrupoles, Orbitraps and TOFs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to produce accurate sales forecasts.
- Formal Sales training and/or in-depth understanding of the professional selling process is a plus.
- Geographic knowledge of assigned territory and market demographics is a plus
How will you spend your time?
- Responsible for partitioning / scheduling time between prospecting, selling, post sales visits and office work.
- Arranges sales visits, meetings, presentations, seminars, product demonstrations and post sales support.
- Must be available daily travel within Cambridge, MA and overnight travel up to 20% (for meetings, product demonstrations, etc)
This position is not approved for relocation assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join