Job Title: Program Manager III, Scientific Collaborations
Location: Carlsbad, Ca.
We have an immediate opening for a dynamic R&D Program Manager III Scientific Collaborations who will apply operational excellence in the planning and execution of scientific collaborations between Thermo Fisher Scientific and strategic customers, primarily corporate accounts.
- Create a clear line of sight to revenues and/ or product development for collaboration projects, and produce sustainable results which are evident for the customer, as well as internal businesses and at all levels of the organization
- Apply operational excellence tools, including but not limited to project management and PPI business solutions to ensure projects stay on task and that issues are resolved efficiently
- Support business development and associated follow-up actions, meetings, Technology Forums/events, working sessions, and/or site visits
- Work closely with internal and external customers to accurately memorialize collaboration project objective(s), scope, milestones, lead contact(s), deliverables/ expectations, and associated timeline in an agreement to secure mutually beneficial business outcomes.
- Establish effective governance, including project teams, with appropriate knowledge and skills to execute collaboration projects successfully
- Develop and implement appropriate communication strategy for project status updates, milestone achievement, and issue escalation/ resolution, including technical and business reviews
- Serve as the customer advocate to internal R&D and commercial teams throughout planning and implementation
- Work effectively across various functions including; Sales, R&D, Finance, Customer Service and Marketing, fostering a culture and practice that celebrates innovation, collaboration, and scientific achievement within R&D and the broader organization
- Analyze large amounts of information, distill and present in a concise manner
- Develop a basic understanding of product and service offerings within Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Assist with coordination of large and small scale event planning
- Possess the ability and willingness to take on various assignments in a fast paced organization, and make recommendations with incomplete information
- Run reports, analyze data, develop presentations, lead customer conference calls, and potentially participate in customer visits
- B.S. required, in Science/Engineering related fields of study
- M.B.A and/ or Ph.D. preferred
- Prior program management experience
- Ability to build and present a strong business case
- Able to interface effectively with a diverse audience including senior leadership
- Excellent communication and analytical skills; can flex communication style based on different situations
- Prior matrix management experience, and demonstrated ability to lead through influence across a cross-functional set of global stakeholders
- With minimal guidance, prioritizes and solves complex problems with proper judgment
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills
- Works in an office environment. Some travel (<25%) may be required.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.