Director R&D Bulk Elemental Analysis
Location: Ecublens, Switzerland
Language requirements: Fluent French and English Language skills
The Manager / Director R&D will have a clear sense of urgency and demonstrated track record of driving innovation leading to the introduction of new products and technologies into the marketplace. The R & D leader will be charged with the management and oversight of all teams responsible for the development OES (Optical Emission Spectroscopy), XRF (X-ray Fluorescence) and XRD (X-ray Diffraction) products. This role will be fully empowered and accountable for the day-to-day execution of the tasks required to drive completion of all projects on time, within budget and to the highest quality standards. This role will lead a team of approximately 40 Electrical, Mechanical, Software Engineers across multiple R&D sites in Switzerland, Czech Republic and France. The position will report to the Sr. Director Bulk Elemental Analysis and is part of the management team.
In particular you can expect to:
- Be the technical leader of the Thermo Fisher Scientific Bulk Elemental Analysis product line, and to stay up-to-date on the technology, competitors and current trends.
- Create and manage a high-performance world class engineering team, which includes 40 Electrical, Mechanical, Software Engineers in different sites.
- Ensure that your teams have significant career development and growth opportunities, including succession planning.
- Work closely with Marketing and the Product Managers on the strategic direction of the business.
- Lead the development of the next generation products and applications
- Manage both large and midsize projects. You will lead cross discipline project teams, and are expected to work collaboratively with other company functions.
- Own the R&D budget
- Provide regular and transparent reporting to the management on project status and progress
- Be based in Ecublens, Switzerland, but manage an international team
To be successful, you will need:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, System Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or related field. Master’s degree highly desired.
- At least 10 years of R&D experience on software-controlled, electro/mechanical equipment
- At least 7 years of experience as an R&D leader managing an engineering group of at least 20 engineers across multiple sites
- Proven experience driving significant improvements with a team and business.
- To have a proven track record of developing major software controlled electro/medical devices to successful commercialization. The product should have generated a minimum of $30M/year in annual revenue.
- An analytical mind and a numerical aptitude
- Fluent in English and French
- Travel up to 40%
- Located in Ecublens, Switzerland
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join