When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 55,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide sales support and order management to area manager(s), account managers and agents and to own all relevant processes related to bookings/shipments for a specific region.
Key Responsibilities for Sales Support:
- Act as liaison officer between customers/agents and FEI and respond to inquiries
- Support area managers and account managers with CRM Quote handling and Proposal generation. This includes internal communication with Product Group on creation of Non Standard Requests (NSR’s); (Local) External Technologies (X-Tech) Requests and configuration issues.
- Support area and account managers/agents/ with CRM data creation such as forecast updates (Opportunity Management); Slot Reservation handling etc.
- Supporting role during sales seminars and local events in close contact with area managers/agents.
- Back-up in tender support by collecting all required documents; initiate actions to legalize certain documents and capture signatures from authorized staff. Identify critical deadlines and ensure timely presentation of documents
Key Responsibilities for Order Management:
- Upon receipt of Purchase Order, review and clarify all aspects of a transaction in close cooperation with sales, Agents, Account, Finance, Legal and other relevant disciplines. Ensure PO and Thermo Fisher’s last Proposal match and initiate corrective actions when applicable.
- Update CRM upon PO receipt within target deadlines given; ensure that Factory Order Desks are informed in time to meet requested shipping dates. Complete all CRM data fields in Accounts; Opportunities; Quote and Order Acceptance to execute the order.
- Create and maintain all relevant order data in automation systems/tools (MFG; SOS SharePoint). This includes invoicing all agreed billing terms.
- Manage communication with Accounts/Agents. Acknowledge order and inform involved parties on shipment planning and monitor revenue planning.
- Create/maintain an order file (archive) per system transaction and ensure this contains all relevant documents for review by internal/external auditors within SOP.
- Manage day to day escalations within the team and/or received from agents/customers and report any risks to management.
- Ensure SSOC reporting standards are implemented and followed through within requested timescales & ensure customer records & archives are up-to-date and aligned with SSOC policy.
- Ensure all released processes and procedures are implemented and respected. Provide suggestions to supervisor or other staff for improvements in processes, efficiency and cost control.
- Ensure SOX, Legal and ISO compliance; cooperate with any internal / external audit requests.
- Manage orders with vendors if line item is categorized as a Local X-Tech item. Ensure on time delivery to comply with revenue recognition guidelines
- Ensure that systems, documents and processes are in place for handling of Agents Sales & Service commissions. This includes verification of commission amounts agreed upfront between Thermo Fisher Sales and Agents; providing authorized Thermo Fisher Agent Order Acknowledgement Reports to Agents for sign off and all periodic reporting related to commissions handling.
- Act as liaison with Accounts Receivable to determine billing issues and deliver resolution with team, ensure credit notes are validated and correctly processed, ensure team maintains records regarding customer returns, deliveries, changes, pricing, and return credit problems,
- Deliver input and assist to SSD events & meetings, SSOC weekly management meetings and SSOC team meetings. Includes representation on behalf of SSOC during external meetings with Agents.
- Take an active role during project assignments.
- Act as back-up for other team members on sales operations.
- Typically requires 3 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to work on problems of a moderate scope where analysis of situations or data require a review of a variety of factors. Use judgment within defined procedures to determine appropriate action. Authority is to act within defined policies and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Ability to work with a global team, respecting different cultures from all regions.
- Extensive QAD knowledge and/or CRM and Booking process experience is highly desirable.
- Specific knowledge on export transactions obtained via basic education or additional training
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join