Sales Manager Digital Science
Job ID :
India - Bangalore|India - Mumbai
- The Sales Manager, India is tasked with achieving or exceeding annual booking and revenue objectives (product, professional services and support) by increasing presence of our Informatics solutions throughout the region, working alongside the Asia Pacific Digital science team, the Global Partner Alliance, and with other Divisions within Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Responsible for sales of Informatics solutions to India, both directly and alongside partners, in defined markets and industries
- Grow pipeline of opportunity in region, and develop new leads and target business areas
- Develop business plans and strategies to achieve and exceed revenue goals
- Co-ordinate with Thermo Fisher sales teams to ensure business growth and to ensure execution upon sales and account strategies
- Collaborate with local and global services team to ensure accuracy of quotation, communication of project plans, and success of implementation projects.
- Provide regular, detailed forecasting to sales management based upon RADAR principles
- Utilise Salesforce.com CRM for managing accounts, opportunities and leads, and for monitoring business health
- Prepares business plans for the territory.
- Understands the generic strengths and vulnerabilities of major competitors and develops sales strategies to respond effectively.
- Ensures that the account plans and sales activities are consistent with overall business goals.
- Proactively meets with / calls customers throughout the region on a regular basis to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Communicates with Product Management and Development to provide field (customer) input on product features and feature prioritization requirements during product operational review meetings
- Collaborates with other groups within Thermo Fisher to implement appropriate strategies to address business opportunities and overcome obstacles.
- Works with sales executives from other Division and Sectors to identify cross-selling opportunities, best practices and leverage “One Thermo Fisher”.
- CMD Commercial Management
- CMD Instrument Sales Teams
- Emerging Technologies Technical teams
- Supply Chain
- Business Unit Leaders
- Marketing (BU & Local)
- Service & Support Administration
- Digital Science Customers (existing and potential)
- Bachelors level degree in either scientific or IT discipline
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in complex Informatics solutions sales, preferably to similar customer environments
Other Job Requirements:
- Adhere to OHS policies and procedures and ensure a safe and healthy workplace environment
- Ability to communicate in English is essential.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Ability to present and represent Thermo Fisher Scientific Digital Science business unit
- Demonstrate clear understanding of business value delivered by enterprise software solutions
- Understands business goals and evaluates and prioritizes opportunities accordingly.
- Sufficient technical and business knowledge to present a compelling value proposition to prospects and customers.
- Utilizes regional resources to ensure they are properly leveraged relative to deal closure, probability and opportunity size.
- Experience in Managing the contract review process and negotiation.