Job title: Manager IT
Reporting to: Supervisor Director of Information Technology
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $17 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Company Information Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The role is to plan, direct, and coordinate the design, installation, and connectivity of computer systems and network infrastructure to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT assets. This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing network hardware, software, and communication links. This role is also responsible for data center, security systems and other electronic infrastructure.
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, life cycle management and related documentation
- Establish service level agreements with end users.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software.
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
- Manage operational costs; conduct near- and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base.
- Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
- Test server performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure.
- Oversee the administration of user accounts, permissions, and access rights
- Direct and administrate a contingent of network analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action
- Minimum 7 years of experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc.
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
- 2 years successful leadership of an infrastructure team.
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, Core Switching/Routing, SSL/IPSec, SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers, bridges, switches, hubs, modems, network interface cards, and so on.
- Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts, and telecommunications principles
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join