When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information:
Located in Santa Clara, CA, the Lab Services Engineer is the primary member of the Research Services Group organization that interfaces with Services staff and outside instrument vendors in performing regular maintenance and service of installations (IQ/OQ/PQ), troubleshooting, repairs and routine maintenance of all instrumentation and systems, and other OEM equipment and automation within the Services laboratory.
How will you make an impact?
The Lab Services Engineer predominantly supports the Research Services Group organization. In support of the lab staff, the LSE instructs on the operation and maintenance of the system, triages issues to involve Sales or Field Applications Specialists as needed, and provides a report in summary of service provided. The report acts as the feedback mechanism for review by RSL group.
What will you do?
- Respond to Service team inquiries regarding Affymetrix and OEM Instrumentation and automation
- Foster Services satisfaction by providing professional, timely and effective expert technical service and support
- Provide troubleshooting of complex performance-related software and hardware issues for various instruments and ensure instrumentation is functioning to design specifications
- Review communications and procedures pertaining to Field Service to keep up-to-date and informed; providing feedback and constructive criticism as needed
- Maintain a fluid work schedule to accommodate the unpredictable nature of Services needs and expectations
- Establish and maintain records of service duties on required reports, and submit in the stated time frame to the Lab Services supervisor(s)
- Partner with Service lab staff and research, and development to address customer concerns, determine corrective action, and Service lab follow-up
- Maintain spare parts inventory, tools, manuals, and test equipment, as needed, for all Affymetrix and OEM equipment and instruments
- Report design, reliability, and maintenance problems to appropriate Services lab supervisors for review
- Represent the Lab Services group on APL core teams and on sustaining teams for instrumentation, as needed.
- Provide technical support to peers within the Lab Services team, including Services and R&D technical staff
- Verify or validate new procedures, providing feedback to internal groups, as needed
- Participate in process and operation improvement opportunities within the Services organization.
- Comply with Services quality management systems, policies and procedures
- Provide mentorship, if applicable
- May be a Subject Matter Expert (software, fluidics, optics, etc)
- Additional duties/responsibilities according to business needs
How will you get here?
- Associate’s Degree or B.S. Degree
- Associate’s Degree with 4-7 years
- B.S. Degree with 3-4 years
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Basic automation and instrument handling and troubleshooting
- Program or Project Management Experience
- Preferred previous experience with Affymetrix instruments
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com