The Global Technical Support APR (GTS APR) is to support Asia & Pacific region technical requests efficiently and accurately to satisfy our customer’s requirements. GTS is a globally aligned, regional field operation that provides 2nd line technical assistance across system types and market segment. GTS APR is the filter between the 1st line field organization and the factory based 3rd line GTS Central organization.
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing 2nd line escalation support for both installation and warranty systems. Besides supporting escalations he/she is responsible for providing customer call support, contributing to ‘Continuous Improvement Processes’ and the transfer of new product knowledge to Service Engineers.
This position is ideal for an experienced field service engineer who wants to focus on high level expertise and transfer his knowledge to others. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
• A Technical university degree (electronics, software, physics, mechanics) is required or a combination of technical education and experience that demonstrate the required skills.
• Typically requires 6 years of experience
• Experience with analytical equipment is required (Electron Microscopes, Wafer Steppers, Medical Equipment, Semiconductor Equipment)
• Experience with demanding customers and understanding of the importance of customer relations and intimacy
• Traveling 50%-60% of working time, Fluent in English (verbal and in writing), other language skills are an asset
• Experience with systematic technical troubleshooting
The successful candidate will possess the following competencies:
Specialist skill level at 60% of all Themo Fisher EM product modules within the Transmission product platforms OR Specialist skill level at 70% of product modules within the Scanning Product platforms.
* Communication skills:
Communication with customers and the internal organization;
Extremely good skills in listening and explaining. Able to influence and built solid relations with all Customers and internal relations. Is understanding and supporting others. Able to set and create the right climate and to resolve (relational) problems with Customers.
The ability to work, resolve problems, initiate and decide without guidance is given;
performs and initiates complex tasks and resolves complex problems indecently.
Requires good judgment and thinking to develop solutions to diverse problems.
Acts as an advisor and expert on diverse problems.
* Result Orientation:
The ability to achieve results;
Drive for results and achievement of results are high. Results are critical for customer satisfaction. Decisions are made and corrective actions are taken when results are not going to be achieved, depending on the impact after discussion with the manager.