When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Driven by our goal oriented team of service experts, the Microbiology Division (MBD) is a trusted supplier of a broad range of high quality media and diagnostic products used in clinical, industrial, research, and academic laboratories. For over 30 years, the group consisting of over 2,000 employees has been highly dedicated to microbiology and provided superior product performance and expert, responsive customer support to laboratories nationwide.
This position will be based remotely within the United States.
How will you make an impact?
The Senior Sales Director for Microbiology will lead clinical, industrial and inside sales functions with revenue responsibility of approximately $220 million covering a wide portfolio of consumable and capital (instrumentation) products across the US and Canada region.
What will you do?
You will be responsible for the development, planning, staffing and management of all aspects of the regions sales operation to maximize sales volume and profit while adhering to the company’s quality, personnel, regulatory and other specified policies.
- Lead sales team to meet or exceed annual sales targets.
- Design strategic roadmap to facilitate product line growth within the US and Canada.
- Develop the US and Canada team members in order to enhance performance, productivity, and employee job satisfaction.
- Develops and manages the annual process of: creating sales strategies and plans, sales assumptions and projections, sales goals, compensation, incentives, bonus and expenses.
- Evaluates market conditions and the timely adjustment of sales strategy to successfully adapt to those changes.
- Identifies product gaps and long-term opportunities.
- Facilitates the management of key business relationships and negotiates potential business opportunities for the company which are consistent with it’s long term objectives.
- Leads and monitors and reports internal communication ,business terms and activities with other divisions such as HMD and RSD.
- Leads ,monitors and reports communication and business activities with external channel partners.
- Provide leadership and management direction that enables the sales organization to execute the tactical sales plan.
- Communicates that company’s goals and objectives to the sales team so it’s clear how their responsibilities are connected to the success of the business.
- Responsible for the organization, coordination, objectives, budget and implementation of company sales meetings.
- Assures that the Sales functions maintain and support company Quality Policy and objectives.
- Ensures that products are sold in accordance with budgeted objectives to maximize sales volume and profitability in relation to preset goals.
- In conjunction with regional leadership and finance, sets pricing policies and approves all pricing exceptions, contract pricing, terms and adherence of pricing policies by sales organization.
- Works with the marketing function to ensure the US and Canada voice is heard at a strategic and tactical level In conjunction with the Commercial Operations monitors and reports monthly the status of: sales vs. target, expenses vs. target, sales incentives, bonus and promotion programs.
- Establishes and maintains top level contact with the management of existing and potential key customers.
- Facilitates the integration of sales input into the development of new products, customer requirements and product development.
- Facilitates the involvement of field sales in new product development.
- Leads the Commercial Operations in the process of directing activities utilizing the CRM system employed by MBD.
- Bachelors degree. MBA desirable.
- Minimum of ten years experience in sales in the healthcare industry with at least five in the diagnostics industry.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Proven track record of leading, developing and coaching a sales team to deliver financial commitments.
- Minimum of five years in managing key accounts that are national in scope.
- Demonstrable skills in Leadership, Managing & Coaching, Analytical and Administrative Skills, Team Hiring and Development.
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills and Good Judgment.
- Previous experience of managing a large successful sales team which consistently met or exceeded targets
- Previous experience of working in Clinical and/or Industrial (pharma, biotech, food/ag) segments with consumable and high capital value instrumentation products as well as various customer purchase and finance options such as direct purchase, lease and reagent rental
- Role model leader who champions employee development
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join