Senior Director, Strategic Accounts, Clinical Diagnostics Division, EMEA
Location: Vantaa, Finland, or home office based in Western Europe
- Position has overall responsibility for assigned strategic accounts; responsible for new business development, contract negotiation, contract development and client relationships for Clinical Diagnostics Division (CDD) across multiple Business Units. Be the “one point of contact” within CDD for the account.
- Manage total client portfolio across the division.
- Strategic client management: establishes contacts and relationships with key decision makers of customers. Maintains regular communications with these key contacts.
- Cultivate relationships with current client base and pro-actively manage partnerships to maintain and grow existing business.
- Identifies, evaluates, actively pursues and closes new business opportunities within the strategic accounts for Clinical Diagnostic Division Reagents with a 3% - 5% annual growth target.
- Shares best practices across all Business Units (BU) on the common Business Development processes and ensures common process for all strategic accounts
- Coordinate consistent and common QBR presentations for all strategic accounts across the BU’s
- Monitor strategic account revenues and trends across the division and manage revenues and margins per the current AOP.
- Act as liaison with Thermo Fisher’s Corporate Account executives for division strategic accounts: provide business monthly updates, financial reports, cost saving opportunities, new business opportunities, CEO report updates, and other activities as requested.
- Identify and develop synergistic growth opportunities with other Thermo Fisher divisions with current strategic accounts and identify new accounts serviced by the other divisions
- Develop a pipeline of new business opportunities capitalizing on the division’s core competencies. Maintain prioritized funnel report as key management tool.
- Coordinate with BU Business Development Directors to gather the necessary diligence within the organizations and perform business case justification to determine the merits and prioritization (e.g. profitability, strategic fit/interest, capacity and resource utilization) of business opportunities.
- Coordinate quotation process with BUs and ensure all RFQ deadlines are met for all strategic accounts
- Monitor and communicate industry trends relevant to strategic marketing and emerging business opportunities.
- Participates in the Division’s Strategic Planning Process by providing segment analysis, market trends, and comparisons to competitors.
- Supports organization continuous improvement initiatives to maximize performance and improve process quality, efficiency, and effectiveness through benchmarking activities.
- B.S. Degree in Scientific Field or Advanced Degree with 10-15 years total experience; minimum 5 years in Management with experience in IVD Industry. With MBA preferred or Professional certifications with management in a Diagnostic or related industry.
- Willingness to travel up to 30%, both domestic and internationally, as required
- Keen interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Proven leadership skills and team-building acumen across a diverse group of individuals
- Demonstrated success working in a global, matrixed-environment with ability to influence
- Background in a regulated manufacturing environment
The ideal candidate will display the following experience:
- Detail oriented and assertive self-starter who can operate effectively in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task, react to changing priorities and meeting deadlines. Time management skills.
- Technical background in diagnostic reagent manufacturing/ IVD industry.
- Solid business acumen.
- Superior relationship building and persuasion skills with the ability to motivate and influence others.
- Ability to quickly evaluate situations and take direct appropriate actions to resolve issues.
- Advanced planning, project management and organization skills.
- Well-founded and practiced formal problem solving skills.
- Well developed written skills to prepare monthly reports, reviews and white papers, as well as preparing presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Strong communication and organizational skills. Experience drafting and negotiating various types of contracts. Good organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Well developed verbal skills to successfully communicate to a variety of internal and external audiences, while counseling, negotiating and formally presenting views and/or technical criteria.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join